• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New PTU LUBE

Started by avidmotion, August 08, 2018, 11:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avidmotion

Truthfully I prefer standard good companies with a history. How ever I mentioned I just changed my ptu lube to Amsoil severe duty 75-140, which I feel is the best for the money and one of the better brands overall. (Redline, motul, liquiMoly good too)
However this guy is a pro alky top dragster racer (5.18@272)and said Amsoil is good but he loves this stuff,
Patented Tribodyn Additive
Which is Attracted to Heat to Lubricate Areas of High Friction
Minimize Friction and Wear for Increase Gear and Bearing Life
Reduce Operating Temperature
Provides Extreme Shock and High Load Protection
Meets or Exceeds API GL-5 & MT 1 Performance Service Specifications
The future of gear lubrication is here. Tribodyn is the only gear oil on the market with patented Tribodyn additives that provide unmatched protection. Tribodyn works in three ways. First, Tribodyn actually bonds to the metal surfaces of your gearbox. This helps make sure there is oil at the critical startup time when you need lubrication to prevent wear. Next, the exclusive additives in Tribodyn makes the oil attracted to heat inside your gearbox where there is the most friction and potential for wear. By lubricating these areas of high friction, Tribodyn reduces the wear AND ultimately reduces the operating temperature of your gearbox. Finally, as the temperature gets hotter inside your gearbox, the patented Tribodyn additive will leave a film of protection in the areas with highest heat to further reduce friction. DO NOT US AS BREAK IN OIL! SHAKE BEFORE USE!
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

SHOme

Quote from: avidmotion on August 08, 2018, 11:09:16 PM
Truthfully I prefer standard good companies with a history. How ever I mentioned I just changed my ptu lube to Amsoil severe duty 75-140, which I feel is the best for the money and one of the better brands overall. (Redline, motul, liquiMoly good too)
However this guy is a pro alky top dragster racer (5.18@272)and said Amsoil is good but he loves this stuff,
Patented Tribodyn Additive
Which is Attracted to Heat to Lubricate Areas of High Friction
Minimize Friction and Wear for Increase Gear and Bearing Life
Reduce Operating Temperature
Provides Extreme Shock and High Load Protection
Meets or Exceeds API GL-5 & MT 1 Performance Service Specifications
The future of gear lubrication is here. Tribodyn is the only gear oil on the market with patented Tribodyn additives that provide unmatched protection. Tribodyn works in three ways. First, Tribodyn actually bonds to the metal surfaces of your gearbox. This helps make sure there is oil at the critical startup time when you need lubrication to prevent wear. Next, the exclusive additives in Tribodyn makes the oil attracted to heat inside your gearbox where there is the most friction and potential for wear. By lubricating these areas of high friction, Tribodyn reduces the wear AND ultimately reduces the operating temperature of your gearbox. Finally, as the temperature gets hotter inside your gearbox, the patented Tribodyn additive will leave a film of protection in the areas with highest heat to further reduce friction. DO NOT US AS BREAK IN OIL! SHAKE BEFORE USE!
Sounds like your a salesman.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2014 SHO, PP 3 bar, 160 T Stat, Livernois v10 Tune, UPR catch can. MDesign CAI

ZSHO

I would not add any type of Friction modifiers,especially since you already changed over to Amsoil severe duty IMO! 
Snake oil ! Dunno. -Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOme

Agreed
Quote from: ZSHO on August 09, 2018, 07:23:25 AM
I would not add any type of Friction modifiers,especially since you already changed over to Amsoil severe duty IMO! 
Snake oil ! Dunno. -Z

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2014 SHO, PP 3 bar, 160 T Stat, Livernois v10 Tune, UPR catch can. MDesign CAI

SHOdded

Tribodyn Gear Oil MSDS
http://www.tribodyn.com/members/tribodyn/documents/1423610129TriboDynSyntheticGearOils_MSDS07-15-2015(1).pdf

"Highly Refined Mineral Oil"

Yeah, no thank you.  Go with Group IV/V based lubes if you want performance that lasts, esters (Group V) being the best at heat tolerance.  That is why Amsoil and Redline are good choices.  The PTU is just in too compact of a space in the wrong place with too little fluid.  Contrast that to the RDU.  How many people end up having to replace the RDU vs the PTU.  There's the story right there.

Ask your buddy how many times the fluid is replaced in his dragster's gearbox.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!