• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2019 Ranger "leaked "

Started by glock-coma, August 07, 2018, 07:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjhpadi

BPD is right the truck market is seriously overpriced, and partially because it is the vehicle "to have" for some of the 25-34 year olds with disposable income to afford them. We looked at F-150's several months ago...a nicely equipped XLT was roughly $57K...and not so loaded Lariat was $62K...crazy.  However, our Explorer was stickered at just over $53K..and that was in 13. 
But we(read wife) is considering a Ranger since she now wants a truck, not an SUV....but they are amazingly absent at the dealers in our area, have no idea when I real one will appear, since I couldn't find the only one Ford had at Carlisle in June..........
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

bpd1151

It's a Ranger for Christ's sake.

An entry level pickup.

No way in hades should an entry level truck, even with some frills, and foo foo stuff should be priced at what it is.

I respect everyone's opinions, and am glad to see those supporting mine.

But it is what it is, and because trucks, SUV's and CUV's are in demand, there's not much negotiating the price either.

Again, I defer back to my argument that part of the reason the market is, the way it is, is due to prices of fuel.

Once an uptick is seen in that arena, you'll see prices on these products coming back down, and the sedan, midsize, and smaller car market returning to the table as far as product offerings.

It's all cyclical, and I'm old enough to recall how it ebbs and flows. Thus why, as nice as these trucks are/may be, I myself will be holding off on one.

No reason at all to be paying premium.

shoNoff

I think it's just a bit of misunderstanding. I feel 24k for a base truck is insane. But in this market it's actually fairly priced. Price out a Tacoma, frontier, canyon or Colorado. They are all roughly $24-28k base. When gas goes up? Are you kidding me it's $3 a gallon here now. Yes I know it's been higher but still. It's like the housing market. You are insane to buy a house right now. We had our house assessed and it's 65k higher then I paid for it 7 years ago currently.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

Vortech347

Quote from: shoNoff on August 09, 2018, 02:24:53 PM
I think it's just a bit of misunderstanding. I feel 24k for a base truck is insane. But in this market it's actually fairly priced. Price out a Tacoma, frontier, canyon or Colorado. They are all roughly $24-28k base. When gas goes up? Are you kidding me it's $3 a gallon here now. Yes I know it's been higher but still. It's like the housing market. You are insane to buy a house right now. We had our house assessed and it's 65k higher then I paid for it 7 years ago currently.

That's nothing.  I'm a Realtor and in our market I'm listing homes that have appreciated by 75k in some area's within the past 3-4 years.  Our state has a huge demand on housing right now though.  We're moving in far more people than going out.  Plus our wonderful high birth rate the folks with 5 kids, well, those kids are growing up.  People were insane when they bought homes with 13% interest rates in the 80's.  Hah!
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

geophb

They look like a toyota imo. But I don't think their priced that bad except almost 45k fully optioned, might as well buy a fullsize truck. Then your looking at 80k+. Ive heard rumors you can spec an f350 over 100grand.
I wonder about repo's in a few years  :hmmm:
2010 Taurus SHO 3bar AJPturbo tune

shoNoff

Quote from: geophb on August 09, 2018, 05:23:26 PM
They look like a toyota imo. But I don't think their priced that bad except almost 45k fully optioned, might as well buy a fullsize truck. Then your looking at 80k+. Ive heard rumors you can spec an f350 over 100grand.

A customer of mine just bought a new f-350 limited the sticker was 84k and change. Flipping insane the payments are higher then my mortgage. I believe fully decked out you can get bet close to 100k.

ToMang07

Quote from: shoNoff on August 09, 2018, 05:48:44 PM
Quote from: geophb on August 09, 2018, 05:23:26 PM

A customer of mine just bought a new f-350 limited the sticker was 84k and change. Flipping insane the payments are higher then my mortgage. I believe fully decked out you can get bet close to 100k.

Just did the "build your own" on the Ford website, and I got it up to $91,000 for a F350.
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

SHOdded

Yay!  Go Ford!  Commanding such prices must be a real confidence builder :P
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

shoNoff

Oh and let me add he crapped out a turbo in under 6k miles too. Truck is sitting at ford waiting for parts.

bpd1151

Exactly.

Go and build one, and I'm pretty confident that no one is going to walk off the dealer lot for $24k like those that keep claiming they're not over priced.

Go on. Go buy one for this so called $24k and post your purchase here.

Not likely gonna happen.

Trucks are stupidly high priced I'll say it again.