• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Delivery feedback.

Started by Vortech347, August 06, 2018, 02:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Yeah knockoffs are becoming commonplace.  The custom taillights on my Edge from DTBL have been copied and are available on eBay at halfprice.  Intellectual property rights mean zero in that part of the world.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Vortech347

I have an update.  They sent me a message at 9:26pm tonight saying that the intake was "verified to be hand delivered to the USPS shipping desk and will arrive within 2 business days."  I'm glad it was done this way.  I'd hate to know it was foot delivered.

I informed them the tracking number is still showing not received, they said USPS is slow to update.  I've shipped a lot with USPS so I do get that....

So...Friday, Saturday, Monday.  I should have this thing in my hands by Monday.  Which will be 2 days short of 3 weeks from time of order.

Lets see what happens!!!!
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

ToMang07

~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

Vortech347

Matt H.
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

bpd1151

"On it's way TO a USPS facility".

Ha.

That contradicts what you were previously told, that it was hand delivered to the USPS facility.

So it should be "there" already.

Aye yai yai. SMH for you.

Vortech347

There's a change!!!  Delivery set for Monday
Matt H.
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

Vortech347

It's arrived. 

Interesting 3D printed scoop.  It's not visually appealing but if it works I'm not too worried about it. I noticed the filter they include is dry.  I gave it a quick/light shot of K&N oil.  The housing itself and sensor tube are real CF.  Very cool.

Until they update their website with actual mail out times or give this forum a notice of order to ship times.  Keep them on probation notice. I'm 2 days away from 3 weeks of ordering.  I feel like had I not told them I was canceling my order it would have taken longer.

Matt H.
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

shoNoff

Thankfully you got it. It wasn't sounding to promising for a bit. Looks like a pretty well made piece.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

SHOdded

Alrighty, we will keep MDesign on probation.  Wish they had actual representation on here.  These mishaps could have been made a thing of the past!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

COMpulse

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9405503699300272389499

Ordered July 20th.  Still in pre-shipment 30+ days later.

Tried contacting through email and their website.  No response.

Submitted dispute to CC company last week.

Glad someone got theirs.  I don't use FaceBook so I couldn't go nag them for the product I ordered.

2013 SHO pp

nickstewartroc

Quote from: Vortech347 on August 13, 2018, 05:51:01 PM
It's arrived. 

Interesting 3D printed scoop.  It's not visually appealing but if it works I'm not too worried about it. I noticed the filter they include is dry.  I gave it a quick/light shot of K&N oil.  The housing itself and sensor tube are real CF.  Very cool.

Until they update their website with actual mail out times or give this forum a notice of order to ship times.  Keep them on probation notice. I'm 2 days away from 3 weeks of ordering.  I feel like had I not told them I was canceling my order it would have taken longer.

Keep an eye on that scoop, back when I had my SHO with this setup I had two warp pretty badly on me. They replaced the first and I traded in the car before asking for another
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

irondoor19

Quote from: nickstewartroc on August 29, 2018, 08:38:43 AM
Quote from: Vortech347 on August 13, 2018, 05:51:01 PM
It's arrived. 

make sure that you do not Over tighten the Band clamp at the Intake Snout,
It is a bit flimsy, and it does not take much to Break the Thing
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

Vortech347

Since it's vacuum only no need to even really tighten it at all. Just so it won't slip off with engine torque.

COMpulse,  That's shitty!!!!  I still believe they only took action on mine because I notified them I was going to do a stop payment on my CC via facebook, they never responded to a single e-mail.

It has been decent so far.  It's hard to tell if it truly added power since these cars are so variable with temperature.  But I have noticed when it's cool the car REALLY charges forward now. 
Matt H.
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

Sabtaj1

dunno if anyone had ordered from then.   But I was in an accident and the 3d printed scoop had broke.  So insurance had me order another.  Order placed on Dec 27th, 2018.  Emails sent, contacted via instagram.  Nothing...  Terrible company....  Buyers beware.
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

ljb1

Hi everyone,

Very relevant to MDesign Performance, although I have a BMW 335i (E90):

I would NOT recommend purchasing anything from MDesign Performance. They have no customer service phone number posted online, or provided after you place your order. They have also have no customer service email - the only contact you will receive is by emailing the sales department and hoping they reply.

My experience:

-May 17, 2018: Ordered MDesign Performance Cold Air Intake for BMW 335i (E90 - Photo 1)

-July 31, 2018: Was told by email my order 'is awaiting completion fo the carbon fiber mass air sensor charge pipe to be completed' and that I will 'be receiving a USPS tracking number shortly' (if only - Photo 2)

-September 20, 2018: Was provided an email stating that my order has been shipped (extremely misleading, as the tracking number within this email was not recognized by USPS, and nothing was actually shipped to me - Photo 3)

-January 25, 2019: After posting on various MDesign social media (Instagram, Facebook) as to my experience with their company, and my disappointment, I was contacted by Instagram direct message, saying "we have sent you out a Carbon Cold Air Intake system", and I will "receive an email shortly with the tracking information" (sounds similar to what I was told on July 31 2018! Photo 4)

-February 8, 2019: Photos 5 & 6 - I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the continuous excuses and misleading information I am being provided. In the 10 years I have been a car enthusiast, this has been the longest, most painful parts buying experience I have encountered. After 8, almost 9 months since ordering my MDesign Performance Cold Air Intake, I still have not received an authentic tracking email, or my order.

I hereby caution everyone from purchasing any products from MDesign Performance. This is a highly unpolished, unprofessional company without a customer service department, that has stolen my $330 USD, and after almost 9 months, has yet to provide me with the product I paid for. I have sent 22 emails to MDesign Performance over this period, and have not received one authentic, informative, helpful response. ALthough I have left my phone number and asked to be called multiple times, no one from the company has reached out by phone to apologize, explain, or provide me with an update. DO NOT BUY FROM MDESIGN PERFORMANCE!

Lucas Baird