• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Air ride

Started by Mertsav93, August 05, 2018, 02:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mertsav93

I have a 2014 lincoln mks eco and I've been trying to find some Information about the suspension on the mks and what it would take to go to air ride. Are there codes that will throw? Is there away around it? Any information would be appreciated if anyone has any

Gjkrisa

Since the magniride is part of the strut it should be fine if you just make brackets to house the bags to fit where the springs go

Unless the mks has coil overs
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

Mertsav93

I'm honestly not sure what is has I has. I have found very little information on it and don't know much about air ride and how it gets installed figured with a little forum snooping and trial and error of figure it out.

bpd1151

From what I understand, the suspension set ups are very similar, if not exact same in most instance between the Lincoln's and the Ford's for the MKS/SHO platform(s).

I say this because there was an older member (forum user name Darreli) that did bags on his SHO.

His hope was for better times at the drag strip. Which panned out to not be all that beneficial. Particularly for the time and money invested.

If you're still desiring info. PM your name and contact info (phone and/or email).

I can reach out to him and see if he'd be willing to then in turn, reach out to you, to lend you assistance.

He lives and works in Michigan.

Been a while since I've chatted with him, so good excuse for me to get a hold of him and catch up. Last I spoke to him, he sold his SHO, and purchased an F150 and was having LMS tune and mod that for him.

Let me know.

Gjkrisa

Quote from: bpd1151 on August 05, 2018, 02:14:15 PM
From what I understand, the suspension set ups are very similar, if not exact same in most instance between the Lincoln's and the Ford's for the MKS/SHO platform(s).

I say this because there was an older member (forum user name Darreli) that did bags on his SHO.

His hope was for better times at the drag strip. Which panned out to not be all that beneficial. Particularly for the time and money invested.

If you're still desiring info. PM your name and contact info (phone and/or email).

I can reach out to him and see if he'd be willing to then in turn, reach out to you, to lend you assistance.

He lives and works in Michigan.

Been a while since I've chatted with him, so good excuse for me to get a hold of him and catch up. Last I spoke to him, he sold his SHO, and purchased an F150 and was having LMS tune and mod that for him.

Let me know.
I had gotten that picture from a site I had looked up how the mks suspension was set up 
https://automotix.net/usedautoparts/2016-lincoln-mks-rear_suspension_assembly-inventory.html?fit_notes=bd84885bd16e6f43321d19bb9bf9195c
I know I wanted to get bags just to level it for towing

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

Mertsav93

I appriciate the info. I'm mainly looking to go to shows and beable to drive it functionally on the road. I came from the ldm world and had a lower car that you could push a pack a cigs around with I just don't want to do that again but like the looks for showing and maybe potentially tracking it once I'm done done with the car