• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Anyone else running about 600ML 85-100% meth? can you post you STFT under load?

Started by TopherSho, August 05, 2018, 12:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopherSho

I need  frame of reference.  mine seems off,  spark seems off, i'm not losing iat2 temps and it doesn't ''feel right''.  I am curious if anyone else is pushing 600ml or so and what your STFT looks like in third gear from say 25mp-100mph. 

Mine doesn't want to dip under 90 any more,  but i may be crazy .. but i swear i had logs showing . 85 with the old 375ml nozzle but i cannot seem to find them so now i am questioning my sanity to explain my slight throttle loss and power loss.. (or i may be crazy there too..)

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

SHO9987

My STFT dip to .78-.82 at WOT.  I'm running a snow 625ml nozzle and 50/50 meth/water. 
2013 SHO Non-PP, Catless DPs, Custom 2.5" exhaust, Airraid CAI, Stock Turbo Upgrades, snow - W/M system, custom tune

TopherSho

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

StealBlueSho

Quote from: TopherSho on August 05, 2018, 12:48:56 AM
I need  frame of reference.  mine seems off,  spark seems off, i'm not losing iat2 temps and it doesn't ''feel right''.  I am curious if anyone else is pushing 600ml or so and what your STFT looks like in third gear from say 25mp-100mph. 

Mine doesn't want to dip under 90 any more,  but i may be crazy .. but i swear i had logs showing . 85 with the old 375ml nozzle but i cannot seem to find them so now i am questioning my sanity to explain my slight throttle loss and power loss.. (or i may be crazy there too..)

There was another user who was having issues with the snow setup not delivering enough methanol. Ended up being an issue with the pump that required an adjustment....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TopherSho

Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 06, 2018, 08:50:05 PM

There was another user who was having issues with the snow setup not delivering enough methanol. Ended up being an issue with the pump that required an adjustment....

Dammit i missed this post.  I will look that up.  i am now questioning the flow rating of the devils own nozzle as well.  i went from a 375ml@280-300psi from snow to a nozzle from Devils Own rated at 440ml at 200psi .. since i see very VERY little difference.  I am of the mind that the rating on the devils own rating or formula is in question..

I ordered a 570ml nozzle for G&G's it should be in tomorrow.  if I do not see .85 or less it IS the pump and I see if there is room to adjust it,  If i see a goodly drop then their ratings might not be comparable to previous nozzles.

TopherSho

Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 06, 2018, 08:50:05 PM

Do we still think this is accurate?  (the bottom portion about the pump adjustment)

TopherSho

So I gave the screw 1 full turn,  and gained about .05 on my stft.   I think i will give it another turn and check after work. 

TopherSho

Because i tend to leap and not look... i gave it another turn without confirmation if the screw can ''back out'' .. it did seem to drop my STFT a bit more.

then today i received the following : (posting for posterity)

TDLR,  the screw CANNOT ''back out'' of the mechanism, and they tune the pumps output low so there is another 50psi to be had (likely for longevity) 

============================================================
Sent: Thursday, August 9, 2018 7:15 AM
To: Topher to the SHO
Subject: [EXT] Re: Pump question on the adjustment screw.

Hi Topher,

As you turn the screw clockwise it will bottom out and stop after 3-4 turns. The pumps generally have another 50 psi that can be cranked out of them.

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 2:52 PM, Topher to the SHO wrote:
Quick question,  does the adjustment screw on the top of the pump have a limit.  IE if I keep turning it CLOCKWISE to try to increase pressure will it eventually stop turning?  Or will the screw ''back-out'' of what it is screwed into and need to be disassembled to be fixed?

Context : I have been noticing a lack of cooling with a 375ml nozzle and a 440ml nozzle,  and my STFT has been only dropping to .91-.95 with 100% meth and the stage-1 pump.   i turned the screw 1 full turn and saw a gain of .05 down to .86 STFT in the logs and want to give it another full turn but want to ensure I wont back the screw out of what it is adjusting. 

<<redacted tophersho name>>
Principal Technical Account Manager; Symantec Corporation
==========================================================

TopherSho

Update,  2 screw turns seems to have helped a ton.  I question the need to turn it though.. either the vibrations allowed it to turn down,  or the pump is starting to wear. 

StealBlueSho

Quote from: TopherSho on August 11, 2018, 10:08:59 PM
Update,  2 screw turns seems to have helped a ton.  I question the need to turn it though.. either the vibrations allowed it to turn down,  or the pump is starting to wear.

Dunno... but another snow pump had the same problem... as far as I know his is still working good after the adjustment.

FoMoCoSHO

For current/new owners is there any way to mark the screw position so you could monitor movement?

TopherSho

Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 11, 2018, 10:12:09 PM

Dunno... but another snow pump had the same problem... as far as I know his is still working good after the adjustment.

Yeah,  learned.   Monitoring closely ..

TopherSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 11, 2018, 11:08:39 PM
For current/new owners is there any way to mark the screw position so you could monitor movement?

the screw head is really small.. but i suppose a dot of white paint would work on the head then the case.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: TopherSho on August 11, 2018, 11:58:27 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 11, 2018, 11:08:39 PM

the screw head is really small.. but i suppose a dot of white paint would work on the head then the case.

If that pump is on its way out... or having issues.... i recommended grabbing a pump from Alky Control.