• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Noisemaker sound?

Started by sub_ETCS_ret, August 04, 2018, 11:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sub_ETCS_ret

I have used Google fu and searched these forums up and down but I cannot find anything that says what the noisemaker sounds like or if it's even quieter if you remove it.

Can anyone explain the sound or have a recording of the actual sound of it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

15 SHO NonPP. 3bar map, OEM plugs gapped 0.030, AJPTurbo tuned.

ZSHO

Compared to the title Not to much of sound @ all! There is barely any difference in sound to be had IMO!
Some have removed it for aesthetics purposes only!  Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,2186.msg32155.html#msg32155

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

sub_ETCS_ret

Quote from: ZSHO on August 05, 2018, 06:32:22 AM
Compared to the title Not to much of sound @ all! There is barely any difference in sound to be had IMO!
Some have removed it for aesthetics purposes only!  Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,2186.msg32155.html#msg32155
Thanks ZSHO!

sub_ETCS_ret

I just want to say that removing the noisemaker just removes an ugly item in the engine bay and improved visual appearance. As far as sound goes, I can't even tell you why that thing was under the hood. I didn't notice any difference in sound.

bpd1151

It's intended design (on the SHO platform) was to provide "engine noise" to/at/towards the passenger compartment, in order to fulfill that desire to audibly "hear" the spirited performance of the EB engine.

It was not utilized in the Lincoln platform, as that target audience desired a more supple, quieter ride.

If you ask me, I think it's gimmicky.

sub_ETCS_ret

Quote from: bpd1151 on August 14, 2018, 10:54:04 PM
It's intended design (on the SHO platform) was to provide "engine noise" to/at/towards the passenger compartment, in order to fulfill that desire to audibly "hear" the spirited performance of the EB engine.

It was not utilized in the Lincoln platform, as that target audience desired a more supple, quieter ride.

If you ask me, I think it's gimmicky.
I think it's gimmicky as well. I played with the skinny pedal slow, fast, wot, normal driving. Nope, no difference in sound at all.

SHOdded

It is a definite MUST-REMOVE item, LOL.  Also reduces possible boost leaks!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

autobahn terror

Quote from: sub_ETCS_ret on August 04, 2018, 11:20:36 PM
I have used Google fu and searched these forums up and down but I cannot find anything that says what the noisemaker sounds like or if it's even quieter if you remove it.

Can anyone explain the sound or have a recording of the actual sound of it?

I kinda sounds like if you blow over a beer bottle, or some kids low pitched whistle. Annoying is what it is, at part throttle with vacuum or low boost, (not high enough for the puter to justify opening the EL blowoffs), you here at alot more.
2014 PP, Dicunzolo Gen2 Mounts, Gear Head Intercooler, EcoPowerParts Charge Pipes w/Meth Bung @1GPH, Hennessy KnN CAI W/RECIRC, Alky controls meth injection, Lightly Ported Intake drilled and tapped for Port Meth Injection 1GPH per Cylinder, XDI EVO HPFP, Deathwerks 340LPH intank LPFP, ATP Turbos, EPP Catless DownPipes, Corsa CAT Back, 160TSTAT, 3BAR MAP, Stock Ignition coils, SP542 plugs .028, UPR Catch Can, MEGAN Coilovers,  Power Stop Z23 Brake Kit, 93octane Dynotune @ 430AWHP/430AWTQ...Soon to be much more

ZSHO

I think the real term would be noise eliminator!  Z 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

geophb

Unhook the hot pipe so you can see the throttle blade, then start it up and rev it hard. that should be the noise it echos. kinda the 4barrels opening on a quadrajet  :D
2010 Taurus SHO 3bar AJPturbo tune