• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Anyone ever encountered this error?

Started by FiveLeeter918, August 03, 2018, 04:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiveLeeter918

So working on getting some more logging done, got a new config file, and when I load it I get this error. "Software out of date. Software component is old. Please update your device."

The handheld is up to date, and I'm running the latest version of LiveLink. Loads up fine on my computer, but errors when trying to load to the handheld.

Ideas?

- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

sub_ETCS_ret

Been getting that on my with the custom log file. I'm up to date as well. Not quite sure what it doesn't like. Mines a BDX by the way.
Quote from: FiveLeeter918 on August 03, 2018, 04:55:46 PM
So working on getting some more logging done, got a new config file, and when I load it I get this error. "Software out of date. Software component is old. Please update your device."

The handheld is up to date, and I'm running the latest version of LiveLink. Loads up fine on my computer, but errors when trying to load to the handheld.

Ideas?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

15 SHO NonPP. 3bar map, OEM plugs gapped 0.030, AJPTurbo tuned.

SHOdded

Sounds like the latest revision of the software has a bug(s).
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Have you tried loading another known good file?

Sometimes PIDS don't actually work and cause all kinds of issues.

FiveLeeter918

Old file works, and this works fine on LiveLink just not loaded to the handheld.
- Lee

AJP turbo

I've seen that on my X4 for my fusion. SCT reformatted my device and that did nothing. Then I sent it in for repair. That did nothing. I'm not sure if it has to do with my X4 being older or the DLF not being compatible with the ECU or something....I think it's a firmware issue...It's unfortunate because I always have to have the laptop in the car when I log.

I haven't seen that error in the SHO though?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

FiveLeeter918

Quote from: AJP turbo on August 05, 2018, 01:55:18 AM
I've seen that on my X4 for my fusion. SCT reformatted my device and that did nothing. Then I sent it in for repair. That did nothing. I'm not sure if it has to do with my X4 being older or the DLF not being compatible with the ECU or something....I think it's a firmware issue...It's unfortunate because I always have to have the laptop in the car when I log.

I haven't seen that error in the SHO though?

I've shared my other config files with people on here and they've gotten the same issue as well. Dunno.
- Lee

FoMoCoSHO

FiveLeeter918

I've been using the same config file for about 8 months. Nothing has changed, some X4s view it fine others get this error.
- Lee

FiveLeeter918

One thing I noticed is in the pic at the top, NONE of the config files with .dlx will configure on the device and give this same error. The one without the .dlx works fine.

I googled, and found a how-to from American Muscle and in their tutorial none of the config files show .dlx at the end.

Does this have something to do with it?
- Lee

FiveLeeter918

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 06, 2018, 03:46:03 PM
Did you add any new PIDS?

I was reading the how to thread on datalogging just to make sure I didn't miss anything, and I saw something about having a error from not validating the DMRs to your vehicle. My config file has a lot of DMRs in it, what error do you recall getting when not validating?
- Lee

FiveLeeter918

also, is there a limit to the number of PIDs/DMRs that you can run on the X4 itelf? I typically only log with my laptop, as I have 38 PIDs I monitor.
- Lee