• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Found a bad turbo

Started by shoNoff, August 02, 2018, 11:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Questions arose as to which line was supply and which return.  Hope these diagrams help clarify!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

2010Limited

I did this last year. It was not fun. Hopefully you have a lift as I found the rear turbo is a real PITA. Some bolts I could only get from the top. Some from the bottom and some from the side. Take your time, and you don't have to drop the subframe. The rear one will come out of there. I took the east gate off to get it in and put it back on when it was past the frame.
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shoNoff

I did the job with a buddy of mine at his shop. We dropped the subframe instead of messing around it's squeezing them out. Wasn't fun but also wasn't the worst thing I've ever done on a car. On your back would suck I'm sure.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

SHOdded

Nice work, esp with a buddy.  Good times!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!