• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Track Record for the SHO

Started by Blackhawk, August 02, 2018, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Full disclosure here....

First time lining up against a dragster... all I can say is that towed his butt off the tree... I almost had em....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Quote from: shoNoff on August 03, 2018, 12:57:45 PM
Quote from: bpd1151 on August 03, 2018, 12:49:13 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 03, 2018, 12:35:46 PM
Quote from: shoNoff on August 03, 2018, 12:10:58 PM
Well looks like I got Bpd this morning too. Boy he better get back to the track

Still a few seconds behind there buddy.....

This one is THE BEST!

This was done in a driveway, correct?

Bwahahaha

But what you aren't figuring is the DA correction for mine works out to a 4.95 @ 322mph. I ran that 11.4 on the moon

Well F me too! I was at that event! We should have met up... I just didn't apply DA corrections to mine...

shoNoff

Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 03, 2018, 12:58:04 PM
Full disclosure here....

First time lining up against a dragster... all I can say is that towed his butt off the tree... I almost had em....

Pretty sure the other half of my slip was a 13.1 @ 106 or something lol. I used to run super comp in a full bodied car so I know of the 7 second dragster all to well. Here is my old car for reference. The silver is the old paint the pearl white and purple are newer. Sold the car a few years ago. But just figured I'd give you guys a reference from where I come from drag racing wise
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

ToMang07

Quote from: shoNoff on August 03, 2018, 01:26:29 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 03, 2018, 12:58:04 PM
Full disclosure here....

Pretty sure the other half of my slip was a 13.1 @ 106 or something lol. I used to run super comp in a full bodied car so I know of the 7 second dragster all to well. Here is my old car for reference. The silver is the old paint the pearl white and purple are newer. Sold the car a few years ago. But just figured I'd give you guys a reference from where I come from drag racing wise

I'm very slowly building this 'ol girl. Gonna have a 512 (stroked 440) and a hemi-OD 4-speed when (if) it's finished.
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

shoNoff

Hey yea Tom that looks awesome. Going to be a street car or strip only?
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

mjhpadi

Just as another reference to my drag racing experience, here is a picture of the car that I helped crew for a couple of seasons...
http://www.slixx.com/images/1976.gif
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 03, 2018, 12:47:10 PM
Quote from: AJP turbo on August 03, 2018, 12:36:54 PM
Why does it seem that every message that comes from that demographic is so confrontational? Lol

From the things I've seen from that camp is that records are all that matter even at the expense of engine safety

I've see too many logs from that side that are downright scary and I think that the vehicle owners actually have no clue and I feel bad for them...but hey if they break records or win a race all is good so I guess ignorance can be bliss lol

I have seen a few logs as in well.... and it pretty much confirms two things...

1: The knock sensors never add or subtract any timing...that PID reads a big fat ZERO through every datalog...

2: All this talk about monitoring individual cylinders is complete crap....as I've never seen those DMRs in any of the logs......

And if the datalogs are not recording it... then that tuner isn't seeing it.....

kamikaze runs are stupid, pointless, and foolish.... and based on the logs I have seen... those drivers are unaware that they are a bad run away from destroying their cars....

Now now, kamikaze runs have their place. If I was going to have a motor built I would absolutely have some fun prior. You know, for science. Unlike that clown, all limiters and sensors would be enabled so we could see the destruction in real time, lol.

1st I'd have Brad load up the MBT spark tables then raise the boost until  :nuclear:

Knowing my luck the engine would survive and the trans would grenade, lol.

If that run is real, I guarantee that motor is done. Trans probably not far behind.

Hope his bank account is topped off.

bpd1151

Quote from: shoNoff on August 03, 2018, 12:57:45 PMBut what you aren't figuring is the DA correction for mine works out to a 4.95 @ 322mph. I ran that 11.4 on the moon.

Running it "on the moon".

Dynamic!!

Agentlongwood

Why all the hate for kamikaze runs to get a record?  Personally, I don't care whatsoever if someone else blows up their car, being ridiculous.  That's on them.  But if they set a record, then they get to claim it, end of story.  I'm not defending this particular guy, since I have no idea if he's telling the truth or not.  But if he set that time, then that's the record.  Makes zero difference if it explodes on the way home, lol.     
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

ToMang07

Quote from: shoNoff on August 03, 2018, 01:36:23 PM
Hey yea Tom that looks awesome. Going to be a street car or strip only?

I plan to drive it a little bit, but I'm building her to have fun. I'm hoping to break 600hp, and with the 4-speed and them big rubbers she should have some giddy-up! I plan to be able to drive it to the strip, and the occasional show'n'shine!
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

bpd1151

Quote from: Agentlongwood on August 03, 2018, 02:09:21 PM
Why all the hate for kamikaze runs to get a record?  Personally, I don't care whatsoever if someone else blows up their car, being ridiculous.  That's on them.  But if they set a record, then they get to claim it, end of story.  I'm not defending this particular guy, since I have no idea if he's telling the truth or not.  But if he set that time, then that's the record.  Makes zero difference if it explodes on the way home, lol.     
I'm not positive there's "hate" in the true sense. None at all.

Look at my original post on this subject matter.

If it's legit, then kudos are deservedly in order.

The resulting discussions (however palatable, or not) center around whether or not it's legit.

One would think if a crack at the record is within reach, video of evidence at a minimum would be beneficial.

Anyone can post a pic of a slip. That and the lack of any other supportive details, documentation, etc. is highly suspect.

I think it was summed up best by one reply that dragtimes will likely NOT accept the submission as it stands.

Which would speak volumes to the credibility of the (alleged) record having been broken.

Now back to the regularly scheduled entertaining jocularity. Ha!

SHOdded

I dont think there is ANY hate here.  The problem is we keep hearing of people blowing up engine after engine with this particular tuner, all in a race to claim fame.  At some point, it gets OLD.  A legit record is the way bpd does it.  But as long as repair burdens fall on the owner and not Ford, these people can keep sticking their heads in this particular blender, and I would not have a problem with it.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

It's like a teenager with an inferiority complex lol....who writes "suck it" on a time slip ?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

FiveLeeter918

Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 03, 2018, 12:47:10 PM
Quote from: AJP turbo on August 03, 2018, 12:36:54 PM
Why does it seem that every message that comes from that demographic is so confrontational? Lol

From the things I've seen from that camp is that records are all that matter even at the expense of engine safety

I've see too many logs from that side that are downright scary and I think that the vehicle owners actually have no clue and I feel bad for them...but hey if they break records or win a race all is good so I guess ignorance can be bliss lol

I have seen a few logs as in well.... and it pretty much confirms two things...

1: The knock sensors never add or subtract any timing...that PID reads a big fat ZERO through every datalog...

2: All this talk about monitoring individual cylinders is complete crap....as I've never seen those DMRs in any of the logs......

And if the datalogs are not recording it... then that tuner isn't seeing it.....

kamikaze runs are stupid, pointless, and foolish.... and based on the logs I have seen... those drivers are unaware that they are a bad run away from destroying their cars....

Hit the nail on the head there. We had a customer come to us after having issues on an *** tune and getting fired for asking them to look at it.

Their log didn't show ANYTHING worth while, so we had them relog with our config file. Fuel rail pressure was in the 900s, knock sensor 0'd out as you said (as it was on their log as well). Swapped to our individual knock config and it did read, but man was it pulling timing.

I'm told that knock is normal for their tunes, and if you aren't knocking you aren't demanding enough out of your engine. LOL
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

lamrith

Quote from: FiveLeeter918 on August 23, 2018, 12:42:50 AM
I'm told that knock is normal for their tunes, and if you aren't knocking you aren't demanding enough out of your engine. LOL
If the block ain't a knocking don't bother rocking...
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.