• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Oem Brake parts for '14 PP?

Started by jbeez, August 02, 2018, 09:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbeez

Just ordered the following on Amazon... From reading through all the threads here and trying to cross reference part numbers, i *think* I ordered the right thing. But being 2018 and having access to the internet, its always great to post what you did so someone can tell you you're wrong LOL

Front Rotors: 2* BRRF318 ($76.82/ea)
Front Pads: 1set BRF1475 ($42.68)

Rear Rotors: 2* BRRF92 ($54.87/ea)
Rear Pads: 1set BRF1383 ($54.78)

The brake part situation for these cars is unnecessarily complicated, why are there so many options? There were options for painted calipers too? Which SHOs had painted calipers? Why would that even change the brake pad and rotor selection? ......
2014 PP SHO Darkside Metallic
K&N Panel filter, 3bar map, AJPTurbo tune, Motorcraft SP542 @.28, MSD Coils, PPE Catted downpipes, EBP Hot pipes w/ tial BOV, Tracy Lewis catch can, 170 tstat, 93 octane pump gas

autobahn terror

Are those older part numbers? I went looking cause I also Have a '14 with PP, and those PN's dont come up, (i was looking on Levittownfordparts.com), seems as thou ford has a new PN system.

Also for what its worth, you could also go with a PowerStop Z23 Kit from Scumit, https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/pwr-k6375/overview/year/2014/make/ford/model/taurus, only an additional $90, plus free shipping. I run them here in Germany and they definitely saved my bacon on the autobahn more than once...
2014 PP, Dicunzolo Gen2 Mounts, Gear Head Intercooler, EcoPowerParts Charge Pipes w/Meth Bung @1GPH, Hennessy KnN CAI W/RECIRC, Alky controls meth injection, Lightly Ported Intake drilled and tapped for Port Meth Injection 1GPH per Cylinder, XDI EVO HPFP, Deathwerks 340LPH intank LPFP, ATP Turbos, EPP Catless DownPipes, Corsa CAT Back, 160TSTAT, 3BAR MAP, Stock Ignition coils, SP542 plugs .028, UPR Catch Can, MEGAN Coilovers,  Power Stop Z23 Brake Kit, 93octane Dynotune @ 430AWHP/430AWTQ...Soon to be much more

SHOdded

Painted calipers actually refers to the PP 20" daisy wheel setup, not actually calipers that are painted.  Just like brake rotor sizing on the Edge refers to 18" rotors when it actually means what came with 18" wheels.

Pads are different between PP and non-PP setups, as PP is more track-oriented than non-PP from the factory.  BUT whether the caliper differences (x-drilled piston, orange seals) from 2013 MY still apply, IDK.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

jbeez

Quote from: autobahn terror on August 02, 2018, 10:05:31 AM
Are those older part numbers? I went looking cause I also Have a '14 with PP, and those PN's dont come up, (i was looking on Levittownfordparts.com), seems as thou ford has a new PN system.

Also for what its worth, you could also go with a PowerStop Z23 Kit from Scumit, https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/pwr-k6375/overview/year/2014/make/ford/model/taurus, only an additional $90, plus free shipping. I run them here in Germany and they definitely saved my bacon on the autobahn more than once...

I've been very happy with the stock setup and didn't want to introduce any new issues, I like how it is now so I didn't want to change that. I got 53,000 out of the factory pads and rotors and they do a great job stopping me :)
K&N Panel filter, 3bar map, AJPTurbo tune, Motorcraft SP542 @.28, MSD Coils, PPE Catted downpipes, EBP Hot pipes w/ tial BOV, Tracy Lewis catch can, 170 tstat, 93 octane pump gas

jbeez

Quote from: ZSHO on August 02, 2018, 10:53:31 AM
This is based on my Vin number!  Z

13+PP-SHO

FRONT BRAKE PADS -DG1Z-2001-E replaced by DG1Z-2001-F

FRONT ROTORS -DG1Z-1125-C replaced by GG1Z-1125-A 

REAR BRAKE PADS  -DG1Z-2200-B

REAR ROTORS  -DG1Z-2C026-A

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-rotor-asy_dg1z-1125-c.html?Vin=1FAHP2KT5DG183206&Filter=()&Location=front-brake-discs-and-calipers,,1125

Looks like the front rotors are diff, the ones you posted are BRRF202 , pads seem to match the pads I ordered, they list the same part number in the description you listed.

It seems my rotors may be the police sedan versions. I'll just return them since i ordered from amazon, it should be easy.

jbeez

After I get all the parts and install I'll update this with all the part numbers that I think are the OEM parts.... lol  new version and old versions of the PN if I can. Some of them reference both, others don't so I have no idea why the part numbers are all over the place.

I think the rotors I originally ordered would work, but I odnt think they are vented near the hat and ring so I want the original ones like you posted and just snagged those as well.

edit: moments after posting this, amazon showed up with my front pads.

box says BRF-1475   1X
DG1Z-2001-F

and inside is a set of instructions for 2013 SHO PP  on the paperwork, sticker says packed 17APR2018  and it contains two little tubes of orange grease as well.

Vortech347

BRSD1611A Was the number my friend that works at Ford gave me as per my VIN.  They came in a severe service duty box and have blue backings.

Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

SHOdded

The mystery deepens!  Would help if people post pics of the parts and the boxes they came in.  May be an idea for a new thread altogether ... Hmmm.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jbeez

When I have all my parts together I'm going to get pics of them to go together with the part numbers :D

jbeez

Going to be putting the pictures of the brake parts in this google album

https://photos.app.goo.gl/L7exoi1kGEykocYf8

jbeez

Got everything in, took some pics and updated that album.  I just don't have pics of the front rotors opened, the boxes are plastic strapped and I don't want to undo those until I get them to where I'll be installing, i'll try to snag a pic but pretty sure they are just with the vents in the hat base.

SHOdded

Vortech347

SHOdded

This is what matched my VIN, 13 PP
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

SHOdded

Thanks, Matt, appreciate the info!