• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Tune worth it?

Started by geophb, July 30, 2018, 12:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoNoff

I've had my tranny fluid flushed twice at my local dealer. It all depends on your dealer.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

Vortech347

Quote from: TopherSho on July 31, 2018, 12:07:06 PM

-i just Drove for the 1st time at 4000ft elevation.  man that was bad.  be prepared that if you change elevations DRAMATICALLY the car will perform way differently and not behave as well.

Try going for passing a 18 wheeler up a 2 lane mountain pass at 10k ft..  You nail the throttle, jump out and are like...ummmm ANYTIME PLEASE!!!!..
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

TopherSho

Quote from: geophb on July 31, 2018, 01:17:04 PM
I understand the risks. I fix everything myself. parts are cheap, labor not so much. only thing i cant do is tires (balancer/changer coming in the future). Its almost a 10 yr old car with 135k so warranty is non issue. Im convinced, I think im gonna go with LMS once i get this injector fixed

:) welcome to the club then!  Have fun,  if you plan on meth i would go with AJP turbo,  LMS is not very helpful with meth tunes if i recall...  if you are going gas only / blended e30 LMS could be very good!
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

SM105K

A tune is worth every penny.  I went with a AJP 91 octane and 2 bar tune.  I drive alot, we only have 91 octane, and it is really hot here in Phoenix (usually 108 ish).  I wanted a safe tune and Brad so far has killed it. Car is so much more fun to drive.  Maybe when it cools down, I will throw a 3 bar in and have Brad get more aggressive when the temps come down here. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

geophb

Update.
I went with AJPturbo for tuning. 91 no E 3bar. Very impressed, its way faster. He is a busy man but still delivers on time!
Im only on rev 1, going to datalog tonight. It shifts so fast and hard at WOT. I like to feel the shifts!  >:D
Well worth it.
2010 Taurus SHO 3bar AJPturbo tune

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: geophb on July 30, 2018, 12:17:55 PM
Im debating whether or not to tune my car. Does it really make it that much faster?
Ive used an sct before on my 04 6.0 powerchoke, ran it on the extremeX race tune, it was disgustingly stupid powerful. But that was like an extra 180hp and its diesel. It felt faster than the SHO, not really all that impressed with the taurus performance wise I guess.  :pokey:
Ive read all the threads on tuning for the SHO and they say bout 50 hp is all you get. Im thinking of using LMS if that matters.
There is a night and day difference on our 93 tune alone and when you throw a few extra bolt ons in there it helps keep the car more consistent with th power gains while preventing heat soak and overall helping the vehichle improve! If you have any questions shoot me a call at 313-561-5500 extension 104 or ask for cody and ill be glad to assist you!

irondoor19

TUNE TUNE TUNE, absolutely worth the Time and Effort....!

Plugs, Thermostat, K&N Drop In, Tuner & Tune, 3 Bar, Down Pipes,
AND Then CAI, Coils, Aftermarket Exhaust, Meth or Turbos, 

IN THAT ORDER, USE a reputable Tuner, Otherwise it gets expensive...

2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,