• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Question about Ford incremental updates-what they address

Started by 6500rpm, July 28, 2018, 05:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6500rpm

So I've had my 2013 SHO for 2 years and I'm a large fleet Tech so I have access to IDS. The things been trouble free so I really haven't done much to it to this point, but today after work I thought I'd check some modules for updates. The PCM had a pop from DG1A-12A650-AYC to the latest DG1A-12A650-AYD. Short of a TSB or SSM in Oasis telling you to update for a specific concern, as far as I know Ford doesn't arbitrarily just update modules just because a later update is available (Hyundai/Kia says if you find an update-do it no questions asked).
Is there a known reference that I can look at that will tell me what the new update addresses? I updated the PCM and drove it home today and really didn't notice any change, possibly shift apply is a bit faster (or possibly just my imagination wanting it to be). I also updated the RFA module which jumped from last digits AE to CB so it may have been a few behind. I just crossed the 60,000 mi point and plan to contact Livernois for one of their tunes.  I also have a OBDlink MX sitting in front of me with FORscan loaded up ready to start exploring what I can tweek and look at at home. If anyone can shed some light on the factory updates, I'm curious. Kind of funny when you fix these things for a living you tend to gloss over stuff and just fix the car, where the hobby guys pick up on details about what you can play with.

Thanks,
Mark
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

ZSHO

Whats the Build date on your 2013MY!  If you want you can add AWD to the (IPC) & Disable Double Honk (BCM)
Good Info can be found here.  Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6953.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Gjkrisa

Awesome forscan pre programmed the basic things into the program even awd is in there
Quote from: ZSHO on July 28, 2018, 06:11:59 PM
Whats the Build date on your 2013MY!  If you want you can add AWD to the (IPC) & Disable Double Honk (BCM)
Good Info can be found here.  Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6953.0.html

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

6500rpm

Z, our cars are probably brothers if I remember your build sheet. Mine is another 13 Ruby Red Metalic, PP. BUILD DATE: 26-NOVEMBER-2012 and last 8 of the VIN is "DG183431". It's pretty much loaded with every option.  I'll take any information you're willing to share, it's about time for me to start playing with things that aren't cosmetic. Thanks for the link.

2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

ZSHO

Quote from: 6500rpm on July 28, 2018, 08:49:45 PM
Z, our cars are probably brothers if I remember your build sheet. Mine is another 13 Ruby Red Metalic, PP. BUILD DATE: 26-NOVEMBER-2012 and last 8 of the VIN is "DG183431". It's pretty much loaded with every option.  I'll take any information you're willing to share, it's about time for me to start playing with things that aren't cosmetic. Thanks for the link.

True indeed & Good memory! 
I also just hit 60K not to long ago.Lol.
I will see what I can dig up,but in the meantime Welcome back!  Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|