• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Engine to transmission bolt size

Started by Grahampr, July 27, 2018, 01:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grahampr

I am going to be picking up a used engine here next week and going to work on it on an engine stand.  The issue i'm running into is I need to know the bolt size of the transmission to engine so I can bolt the engine to the stand. 

Anybody have any advise here?  I do have the service manuals coming next week and I'm hoping they might have a bit more info.

Thanks!
2011 Lincoln MKT Ecoboost

SHOdded

There are a few members on here that have done engine swaps, should be able to assist.  I think irondoor19 and RandR10 are two of them.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Grahampr

awesome, thank you!  After looking at it a bit more, I'm not sure using an engine stand is the best option, not sure if there are any major bolt holes that I could use to hang it off of an engine stand.

Thanks for the info!

SHOdded

I will wait for the folks in the know to chime in, but I don't see why it cannot be put on a stand.  Unless they do something special to put the engines on display at car shows?

While this thread below is for an F150 engine, similar concepts apply
https://www.f150forum.com/f102/livernois-motorsports-powerstorm-3-5l-race-series-engine-build-384813/#post5344517
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Grahampr

awesome, I'll be picking up the engine sometime next week, so I'll be able to check it out before I need to work on it.

irondoor19

Yea, We Mounted the BLOWED Up engine on a Stand, SOO
Absolutely it can be mounted on an engine stand
I will get back to you on the bolt sizing (if my tech can remember)
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

Grahampr

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|