• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SHO Lowering spring options

Started by 18SHO, February 19, 2019, 01:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glock-coma

I was disappointed with the ride quality when I first installed the H&R springs and new non PP struts.
But since they have settled and "broke in " a little the ride is MUCH more enjoyable.
The streets in my AO are HORRIBLE but
I still wouldn't change back to stock.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

ZSHO

Quote from: 802SHO on February 20, 2019, 12:18:41 PM
I didn't know the PP shock/strut made the ride more stiff.  There are some mods you have to expect will change the way the car feels for better or worse.  Personally I hate wheel gap.  I actually would like to slam it with coilovers to tuck a little more tire but the intercooler among other things is what I'm after right now. 

If the wheel gap has improved I'm happy.  Better stance, improves handling....is all that matters to me.
I believe the PP-SHO Struts are categorized under "Heavy duty" applications similar to the PI sedan which would make them a bit stiffer AFAIK. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

18SHO

Quote from: ZSHO on February 20, 2019, 05:04:27 PM
I didn't know the PP shock/strut made the ride more stiff.  There are some mods you have to expect will change the way the car feels for better or worse.  Personally I hate wheel gap.  I actually would like to slam it with coilovers to tuck a little more tire but the intercooler among other things is what I'm after right now. 

If the wheel gap has improved I'm happy.  Better stance, improves handling....is all that matters to me.
I believe the PP-SHO Struts are categorized under "Heavy duty" applications similar to the PI sedan which would make them a bit stiffer AFAIK. Z

I'm now curious about a couple things... new shocks and struts upon install no matter PP or non PP may have a break in period and have a rough ride for a period of time and I'm also curious if a non PP shock and strut setup may be better for ride quality in general when going H&R . Already broken in shocks and struts and installing the H&R may have better first hand results
2018 SHO PP factory stock for now
AJPTURBO E30 tune stock plugs .028 gap
5.25.19 12.53 @ 112.96 1.85 60FT 1850 DA 71 F
Best trap 113.61

802SHO

Quote from: 18SHO on February 20, 2019, 05:27:54 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on February 20, 2019, 05:04:27 PM

I'm now curious about a couple things... new shocks and struts upon install no matter PP or non PP may have a break in period and have a rough ride for a period of time and I'm also curious if a non PP shock and strut setup may be better for ride quality in general when going H&R . Already broken in shocks and struts and installing the H&R may have better first hand results

That is probably why mine felt great from day one with my non PP shocks warn in with 52k.  Probably need replacement but not on my priority list right now.  Learn something new everyday around here
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20