• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

LMS Remote Eblended Tunes!

Started by StealBlueSho, May 09, 2018, 11:42:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Just an update....

I noticed besides the fueling fix they also appear to have adjusted the IAT spark compensation as well...

There is more than I suspected changed in this tune... still happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Sick of the updates yet? Well I have another one....

I have been running the E30 blended tune for a bit and had to switch to the 93 V11 HPFP tune on the ride back from Carlisle due to stopping somewhere that didn't have E85...

There is a difference in the seat of pants feel between the two tunes. The E30 sure does feel like it pulls harder.. after loading the 93 it just didn't have the response of the E30...

Although the datalogs looks very similar besides the fueling, there is something there taking advantage of the extra Ethanol. Feels like I am chasing my tail again similarly to the 4+X Meth and 4+X 93 tunes.. Didn't see any difference in spark or boost but there is something else going on. Maybe those extra tables that LMS has access too? or I am just not logging the right information.

Kudos to LME.. always seem to surprise me!

AJP turbo

I don't know about extra tables! You are reaching hard!...power is boost and spark...would you be satisfied if the answer was simply that the ethanol is always allowing max allowed spark from the knock sensors and perhaps more spark being allowed?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on June 05, 2018, 01:38:35 PM
I don't know about extra tables! You are reaching hard!...power is boost and spark...would you be satisfied if the answer was simply that the ethanol is always allowing max allowed spark from the knock sensors and perhaps more spark being allowed?

Maybe thats just it.. But can you not gain power by leaning out the mixture? I know they have made some adjustments to the fueling and its not commanding as rich a mixture. That said, the stoich is changed with E30... I suppose I could look it up to find out what the AFR is targeting per lambda with stoich at E30... it may or may not be a slightly leaner mix.. BUT there is a difference in how the car feel.. as you stated.. it could simply be that the knock sensor is able to add maximum amount of allowable spark with the E blend.

I have seen 1 KR or so with the 93 V11 tune.. but none with the E30 tune.

AJP turbo

Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 05, 2018, 01:43:49 PM
Quote from: AJP turbo on June 05, 2018, 01:38:35 PM

Maybe thats just it.. But can you not gain power by leaning out the mixture? I know they have made some adjustments to the fueling and its not commanding as rich a mixture. That said, the stoich is changed with E30... I suppose I could look it up to find out what the AFR is targeting per lambda with stoich at E30... it may or may not be a slightly leaner mix.. BUT there is a difference in how the car feel.. as you stated.. it could simply be that the knock sensor is able to add maximum amount of allowable spark with the E blend.

I have seen 1 KR or so with the 93 V11 tune.. but none with the E30 tune.

Yea you can gain power by leaning out the mix...I think I use 12.95 for stoic for e30...but I can get myself confused becaus even if you lean out the commander lambda you are still running richer overall because of the stoic lol...so I don't know if it's leaner or richer ...guess it depends if you are using lambda or air fuel ratio lol

There is also cam timing
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Just gonna round this out with a time slip from 07-13-2018 at Maryland International Raceway..

I am car 443 in the right lane and the other car in the left is another SHO running Gearhead 93 octane tune.

Obviously the ETs are almost the same which is disappointing considering the mods are almost identical...

She had HR springs and I had the HPFP with an E30 tune...

The ONlY saving grace here is that my MPH is significantly faster which means I am putting down more power, I'm just not using it as well as she did...

This was the first time at the track wi h the new SHO and it's a totally different beast off the line... gotta work on that launch.. there is still room for a couple tenths I believe.

DA was around 1400

f8tlSHO

108 is pretty normal for that e.t. Id say the other car has an abnormal time slip. My 12.9 was 107mph on my 93tune/filter/3bar... I would expect more out of the e30 tune. Especially since you have the upgraded pump. I have my boost @14psi because with e30 I like to keep it on the safer side.

2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq

StealBlueSho

Quote from: f8tlSHO on February 11, 2019, 12:01:46 PM
108 is pretty normal for that e.t. Id say the other car has an abnormal time slip. My 12.9 was 107mph on my 93tune/filter/3bar... I would expect more out of the e30 tune. Especially since you have the upgraded pump. I have my boost @14psi because with e30 I like to keep it on the safer side.

Yup, but that was the first remote eblended tune that LMS had ever sent out, and didn't actually demand any more load than the original v11 tune. I have received an updated tune since that opens it up quite a bit. Plus with the additional modifications I have done, i should see well below 12.5 this season. Just on the 60ft alone, getting that down to a 1.80 would take a tenth or more off.

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: StealBlueSho on February 11, 2019, 12:05:25 PM
Quote from: f8tlSHO on February 11, 2019, 12:01:46 PM

Yup, but that was the first remote eblended tune that LMS had ever sent out, and didn't actually demand any more load than the original v11 tune. I have received an updated tune since that opens it up quite a bit. Plus with the additional modifications I have done, i should see well below 12.5 this season. Just on the 60ft alone, getting that down to a 1.80 would take a tenth or more off.

Can't wait to see you get that car back out to the track this year and see what you can squeeze out of the car! That E30 tune should make a huge difference for sure, keep us updated when you plan on heading out to the track