• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

sync 2 my Ford touch NO AUDIO PROBLEM

Started by 2013blksho, July 25, 2018, 08:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2013blksho

I have been having on and off problems with the audio and reverse camera not working all of the time lately but a few days ago I got in the car and now I get no audio at all.  the lower left radio quadrant shows just a power button and when I push that or the main power centre of the volume knob the lower radio scene just goes blank.  when I try to use the instrument cluster entertainment section it tells me audio off.  when I have a CD or Bluetooth connected it shows it all is playing but no sound comes out.  when I try voice commands it says it is listening and no sound or mic works.  I have tried everything from battery neg terminal removal letting it sit to removing battery all together and all dudes at multiple time of power on off or car on vs off.  I did the  updating to the 3.10 version of sync software and still same thing.  I have a friend that works at a Ford dealer and we attempted to hook it up to their computer but it said no connection could be made to car due to bad obd2 port or low battery.  my sct x4 shows 14v while running and we had a battery buster hooked up to the car when the computer was attempting to connect and still couldn't get it to work.  I returned car to stock thinking something with that could be blocking communication but same thing.  returned to 93 tune and that all worked fine.  I know one thing is the I kicked the plug of the x4 when getting in the car one time and bent the pins on the cable end but after straightening them back it has always worked fine for data logging and reading the gauges.  my car is 3 months past the ext. warranty of the apim replacement and my buddy said that is typically what they replace.  I cant find but a few threads or mentions of this problem online and when I do there is no write up on the "fix" for it other than things I have tried.  does anyone or has anyone had this issue and know the fix? ??? I don't want to pull the trigger on the upgrade to sync3 system but everyday commuting with no radio and having to use headphones is making me closer to shelling out the 1500 buck for it.  oh and I did the diagnosis test on the sync with eject and search right button and the walk around test worked with tones through all speakers.  PLEASE HELP IF AT ALL POSSIBLE I'M GOING TO LOSE MY MIND SOON!!!!

ecoboostsho

Not really sure what is going on with your car but if you run out of other options I may be willing to part with my Sync2/MFT APIM and/or screen for a reasonable price if you truly think that is the issue.  I just got done upgrading to Sync 3.  I have a 2013 performance package SHO as a reference.  You would most likely have to do some FORSCAN programming or pay about $70 to have someone program it for you.
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

2013blksho

ya let me know what you think about selling that.  may be the route I have to go due to needing full suspension upgrade as well.  I will be getting forscan today don't think it will fix my issue but once I get it fixed it just looks super crazy cool to change all the different settings.  I don't have p.p. but shouldn't be an issue.  pm what you think you would want for it.  how do you like the 3 vs the 2?  worth the coin?

ZSHO

I would try Contacting Jason@fordPImods.com or send him a Pm @ his username Jmr061!

FYI- If the Battery level is low within its desired threshold it will not function correctly......
Check for any codes! 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

2013blksho

will do and I know jason is in Wisconsin about 2 hrs from me so who know.  I will keep you posted on what I may find

2013blksho

car not running 12.9 and running 14.02 which I thought may be little low but is the .38v gping to make a difference.  I have seen on the x4 as low as 13.8 ish if I remember correctly.  I know it has smart charging but how low will that system take it?

ZSHO

FWIW there are some modules in the trunk liner . Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|