• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ceramic coated the SHO with Gyeon Mohs and View on the glass

Started by donky4444, July 24, 2018, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donky4444

I coated the SHO last week and I'm floored by the depth and shine of the paint. It's supposed to get even better as it fully cures over the next week. The weather has been nice to me and will allow it to stay dry for a whole week during curing though I a, excited to see how it performs when wet and washing it. I upgraded my foam cannon this week to one that works with my pressure washer so I'm counting on super easy washing process from now on. The whole car just looks wet all the time now.

I was going to post this on the fb page as well but it appears that after a disagreement with Rich on LBGTQ rights he's kicked me out of the group and blocked me. I guess I'll be more active on here again so I can keep contributing to the platform.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

SHOdded

Turn MOHS upside down and you get what?  LOL!  You are not kidding, the shine is just awesome!  What is the advertised lifespan on the paint?  Have not heard of View before, any details, have you used it before?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

donky4444

Quote from: SHOdded on July 24, 2018, 09:51:53 AM
Turn MOHS upside down and you get what?  LOL!  You are not kidding, the shine is just awesome!  What is the advertised lifespan on the paint?  Have not heard of View before, any details, have you used it before?

Lol. We said the same thing on Mohs upside down. View is Gyeon's glass coating. Mohs has a 2-3 year life and View has 12 months. I have enough View left for at least one more application which I should only need to do the windshield again since it's the one that takes the most abuse. They say to use Gyeon Cure after every few washes to maintain the high level of hydrophobic properties and fight against water spots. I had never heard of Gyeon before using it. A close friend of mine recently opened a high end detail shop so we worked together on my car as practice for him. I did all the paint correction and prep then assisted with the coatings. He's a Gyeon dealer/installer so that's why I went with their products. Now he gets to do a brand new RS5 this week. He was happy I offered up my car as practice before getting into a few really expensive rides.

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

SHOdded

So what you are saying is you did all the hard work while he sat there and had a cold beer or two.  LOL.  Gyeon is a reputable brand, and seems like it is going to work out well.

Wish your friend the best in his endeavor.  Detailing is an exacting, demanding business.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

donky4444

Quote from: SHOdded on July 24, 2018, 02:06:48 PM
So what you are saying is you did all the hard work while he sat there and had a cold beer or two.  LOL.  Gyeon is a reputable brand, and seems like it is going to work out well.

Wish your friend the best in his endeavor.  Detailing is an exacting, demanding business.

The deal I got was worth it and because I did the hard work. It was a win win for both of us. Right now he is doing a paint correction on a 2006 S65 AMG, the big bi-turbo V12 in Black. Then he gets to coat a new RS5 before moving on to a 1931 Packard. You just never what type of awesome machine he will have.

SHOdded

shoNoff

Wow the depth on your paint is simply amazing. Car looks incredible
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

donky4444

donky4444

Quote from: SHOdded on July 24, 2018, 05:55:08 PM
The Packard I would love to see.

Ask and you shall receive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SHOdded

shoNoff

2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

Macgyver

r1crusher

Here's out latest addition to the our driveway parking lot (added just about 2 months ago).  2017 Grand Sport w/ Heritage Package.  It was a brand new left over.  I picked it up yesterday from the detail shop where it's been for 2 weeks.  Full front PPF plus A-pillars, mirror, rockers and partial rear quarters then the same ceramic coating in this thread on top of the entire car plus windows, wheels and calipers.  Windows tinted with 20% ceramic also.  That was all laid out on top of a 2 step paint correction.  Car is truly sick to look at in person.
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

ZSHO

Quote from: r1crusher on July 26, 2018, 12:14:23 PM
Here's out latest addition to the our driveway parking lot (added just about 2 months ago).  2017 Grand Sport w/ Heritage Package.  It was a brand new left over.  I picked it up yesterday from the detail shop where it's been for 2 weeks.  Full front PPF plus A-pillars, mirror, rockers and partial rear quarters then the same ceramic coating in this thread on top of the entire car plus windows, wheels and calipers.  Windows tinted with 20% ceramic also.  That was all laid out on top of a 2 step paint correction.  Car is truly sick to look at in person.
Congrats Kevin! Sweeeeet ride indeed! Best of luck & enjoy.  Z   :thumb:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

I guess it is ok to congratulate Kevin seeing how the new ride is BLUE. Lol.  Now go put some Lingenfelter in it for pep to match the pop!