• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Taurus sho trans upgrade

Started by BigPlaySlay, July 22, 2018, 04:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JagerBomb

Quote from: 18SHO on February 09, 2019, 09:34:43 AM
Quote from: BigPlaySlay on July 22, 2018, 04:26:31 PM
Is there any company working on performance upgrades for the 6f55?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes actually this company sells upgraded 6f55 trannys and except cores

https://spprecision.com/products/6f50-6f55-transmission-sale.html

Anyone step up and give this a shot? I'm curious. I have a Xsport that I want to play with but I need a good trans.
2013 SHO PP - LMS V8 93 Tune, 3 Bar, LMS Catted DP's - SOLD

2015 Explorer Sport - In need of mods.

2010 Jeep SRT8 with a ProCharger and lots of boost!

JagerBomb

Any one try this or any transmission upgrades/improvements?

JagerBomb

On the EcoBoost PerformanceForum on Facebook, there was some talk about transmissions for the transverse models. Someone suggested that the new 8 speed from the edge might work because the 2.7 uses the sam trans (6peed) as the 3.5.?
Is there any truth to it?
Assuming it works there is the PCM issue now of getting it to talk?

Jordan

I guess my question is why do you think you need a different transmission. There 6f55 isn't bad per say and I haven't seen anybody explode one from power unless they were 600awhp+

Mine has almost 131k on it with an ungodly amount of quarter mile passes on it. Gearhead makes upgraded torque converter if that means much. Also a buddy of mine built his i.e. bigger snap rings and cryo treated everything etc etc
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

SHOdded

I suppose if an adapter can be fabricated for the 2.7 version of the 6f55, you could try.   Nothing wrong with the 6f55 in the SHO/transverse platform tho, anymore than for the 2.7.  And the 2.7 has yet to hit the power levels the 3.5 has.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Dxlnt1

2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

SHOdded

The price seems too low to be a true upgrade :(
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Macgyver

Prolly a used rebuild with an upgraded valve body? So it seems to be better til it craps out.

JagerBomb

Quote from: Jordan on September 05, 2019, 03:21:22 PM
I guess my question is why do you think you need a different transmission. There 6f55 isn't bad per say and I haven't seen anybody explode one from power unless they were 600awhp+

Mine has almost 131k on it with an ungodly amount of quarter mile passes on it. Gearhead makes upgraded torque converter if that means much. Also a buddy of mine built his i.e. bigger snap rings and cryo treated everything etc etc

Presently there is no issue with my transmission. I am also not running a tune yet but I'd like to get it to 550 at the wheels. Thats what my jeep had and it was tons of fun to drive (Now the jeep has way more). If I'm at 550hp at the wheels for me that too close to the 600hp mark for comfort.

Once I do get my Xsport modded tuned it will be just like my SHO was. DPs, 3 bar, 93 tune. Thats not going to stress the transmission to much. But again I'd like to get it get to 550hp for the driving experience. I just want reliably to go a long with it.

My Jeep is running an estimated 700-750 hp. The transmission is rated at 1300hp. Not anywhere near it but I know the transmission it solid.

autobahn terror

Has anyone explored a sequential dogbox as a trans replacment? I was thinking about contacting Quaif and asking if they can clone a 6F55, including linkage for a PTU, as a means of beefing up the drivtrain, (not to mention the obvious fun and performance factor)...
2014 PP, Dicunzolo Gen2 Mounts, Gear Head Intercooler, EcoPowerParts Charge Pipes w/Meth Bung @1GPH, Hennessy KnN CAI W/RECIRC, Alky controls meth injection, Lightly Ported Intake drilled and tapped for Port Meth Injection 1GPH per Cylinder, XDI EVO HPFP, Deathwerks 340LPH intank LPFP, ATP Turbos, EPP Catless DownPipes, Corsa CAT Back, 160TSTAT, 3BAR MAP, Stock Ignition coils, SP542 plugs .028, UPR Catch Can, MEGAN Coilovers,  Power Stop Z23 Brake Kit, 93octane Dynotune @ 430AWHP/430AWTQ...Soon to be much more

Blackhawk

I'm sure Quaif would realize the limited number of people that would upgrade and charge you accordingly,  likely over 10 grand if not more.

Quote from: autobahn terror on September 13, 2019, 10:03:51 AM
Has anyone explored a sequential dogbox as a trans replacment? I was thinking about contacting Quaif and asking if they can clone a 6F55, including linkage for a PTU, as a means of beefing up the drivtrain, (not to mention the obvious fun and performance factor)...