• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

VTA on the 2.7

Started by Scott4957, July 21, 2018, 06:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott4957

I was only able to locate one blow off valve so I pulled the hose and capped the intake side. Took it for a spin and it's so quiet I can hardly hear it. The MKS damn near scares people it's so loud! Not sure if there is another BOV or the fact that I dont have a tune yet but there should be just as much PSI to release so I'm not quite sure why it's so quiet. I would assume there is a second BOV, if there is its buried in there!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

SHOdded

There should be one BOV per turbo.  The diagrams on fordpart.com might help locate the other one.  Not sure if it is the same setup as the 2.7 in the Edge, but you can check the 2015 manual available on mactgarage.com, under diy maintenance, by generation, then gen 2.

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1366E0DIW9k49cLPXJyxywcXf64q2ZpSw/1Kv_Hsy6bOToW-NiO3ME9mY5TRvoHYKlS/14kY1rxxaB1iHKN0fDjNOo3FtgTF_5dF-/1wBzOTmEZvCvnzvmTI470QBGyYX60xDBh?sort=13&direction=a
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Scott4957

Quote from: SHOdded on July 21, 2018, 08:43:43 PM
There should be one BOV per turbo.  The diagrams on fordpart.com might help locate the other one.  Not sure if it is the same setup as the 2.7 in the Edge, but you can check the 2015 manual available on mactgarage.com, under diy maintenance, by generation, then gen 2.

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1366E0DIW9k49cLPXJyxywcXf64q2ZpSw/1Kv_Hsy6bOToW-NiO3ME9mY5TRvoHYKlS/14kY1rxxaB1iHKN0fDjNOo3FtgTF_5dF-/1wBzOTmEZvCvnzvmTI470QBGyYX60xDBh?sort=13&direction=a
Thanks, I will check it out. I figured as much but I sure couldn't find it. Appreciate the help!

Scott4957

Apparently there is only one!

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Scott4957

Thanks guys, these adapters are what tipped me off, no one was selling a two pack and then I found a few posts about only needing one. I may just get one of these or extend the hose from the BOV and add my own "enahancer" on the end. I extended one to the drivers wheel well on the MKS and that made it louder. It's all we have when at the light and the competition thinks we are joking ;)

glock-coma

Quote from: Scott4957 on July 22, 2018, 12:00:55 PM
Thanks guys, these adapters are what tipped me off, no one was selling a two pack and then I found a few posts about only needing one. I may just get one of these or extend the hose from the BOV and add my own "enahancer" on the end. I extended one to the drivers wheel well on the MKS and that made it louder. It's all we have when at the light and the competition thinks we are joking ;)

Duck call on the bov always gets a good laugh.
https://youtu.be/3pbUMXZvfi8
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

Scott4957

Quote from: glock-coma on July 22, 2018, 01:21:34 PM
Quote from: Scott4957 on July 22, 2018, 12:00:55 PM

Duck call on the bov always gets a good laugh.
https://youtu.be/3pbUMXZvfi8
Love that video, great idea LOL. Here's an idea, hook up the hose to a few party blowers that stick out the front grill haha