• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New turbo option for the 3.5l ecoboosts?

Started by Cole.C, July 21, 2018, 07:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

The limitation is the drivetrain, not the turbos, at this point, esp if you put in the ATPs.  You can blow the roof off the stock motor if you wanted with these things.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Macgyver on July 23, 2018, 06:54:02 PM
Too bad you cant get slightly bigger housings for the upgraded turbos and get back some top end breathing room.
I think GHG is working on that, says he has turbos coming soon. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Cole.C

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on July 23, 2018, 07:01:51 PM
Too bad you cant get slightly bigger housings for the upgraded turbos and get back some top end breathing room.
That's exciting!  Might have to wait on purchasing that ATP upgrade.
Would love to have a matching turbo/intercooler setup from GHG. love these forums. Wonder how long it will be until  more info is available on that upgrade 0_0!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Macgyver

Quote from: SHOdded on July 23, 2018, 07:00:37 PM
The limitation is the drivetrain, not the turbos, at this point, esp if you put in the ATPs.  You can blow the roof off the stock motor if you wanted with these things.

The weakness in my book is the top end. Now that my SHO is tuned. It is still slowish 80mph plus. She hauls butt from a DIG. Its the 80mph on that it just doesnt move because of the limited flow of the turbos. Tune it correctly and the motor and trans are safe but she will haul butt throughout the upper rev range.

Unless I am missing something.

SHOdded

Yes, you are definitely on the money about that.  Watching that needle climb can be agonizing the longer you are at WOT.  But my point was that you need HP and more of it.  A built block like Livernois makes comes to mind, but the transmission and AWD is still going to suck without an upgrade.  An electric assist might be handy here, like many exotics are putting in nowadays.  Or steal the setup that Ford races :D :D :D

http://www.torquestats.com/modified/index.php?pid=calculator&action=calculate_times&drive=4WD&bhp=700&weight=2000&submit=Calculate

Based on a 23% drivetrain loss, not too far off from bpd's times.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Macgyver

My point is, hopefully you got it, is that slightly bigger housings with ATP like power can be tuned safely for the stress areas, trans, ptu, block, rods, etc, but let loose for the Upper power band rev range.

EcoPowerParts

IMHO the heads are the limitation, not the turbos. ATP is a stock housing with new CHRA and housings machined to accept the larger wheels. No inlet/outlet differences.
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on July 23, 2018, 07:01:51 PM

Gearhead is working on several things... upgraded FMIC, upgraded turbos, upgraded motor mounts... plus other things they haven't told us about... they are really digging into the SHO market. Matt Robinson's tunes ARE VERY GOOD, I ran them on the 2010 I had for a bit..

Only thing... they have been talking about these upgrades for awhile but nothing yet... Matt did PM me to say the IC upgrade was going to be available really soon.

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: Cole.C on July 21, 2018, 07:57:54 AM
Haven't seen this ad before wondering if anyone else has heard of agency power and their reputability? https://www.agency-power.com/shop/agency-power-stage-1-billet-wheel-cartridge-upgrade-twin-turbo-ford-3-5l-transverse-ecoboost/
Finally got both of my core turbos, I burnt a rear turbo seal which keeps pouring out smoke after heated up and after a good pull or 2.. been trying to make mind up over EPP's stock upgrade or whether I should just for for ATPs because they are only 600$ more or so pending on where are boughten.. Then I see this new companies claim that they perform just slightly less when compared to ATP at quite a lower price point. So now I'm really up in the air on what to go with..
Appreciate any inputs on what you'd recommend and why! Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The biggest thing is who your tuner is as well, certain companies will only stick with ATP, Like us we will only tune for atp turbos that have the matching setup we use because the stock engine can only take so much and we will not push it to the breaking point. Our tunes are known to be reliable and long lasting while still making great power so we only use the best parts out there that we know and have done major research on because we want our customers to leave with a huge smile on their face and no regrets even after ALOT of road use and track use!

EcoPowerParts

Just remember that before ATP LMS sold upgraded compressor wheel turbos :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoPowerParts

FYI reached out to my supplier, that company is Vivid Racing and those are not the GTX billet wheels I use on my turbos and no turbosmart WGA on those turbos that I can see so much more expensive with less quality parts. :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -