• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kalamazoo, MI

Started by autox4fun, July 22, 2018, 06:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

autox4fun

Good day all,

Randy here, 
If you've heard of Kalamazoo before then Awesome! If you have not, I'll give you some major reasons to think about.
Bell's Beer is grown here, Stryker medical (makes all the tools and beds for hospitals), Gibson guitars started here, and if you like college football there is WMU.
I'm on my 2nd ecoboost Flex. The first one was back in 2013,  we killed some debt by off-ing it, picked up a 2006 Pathfinder and drove that thing everywhere, trails, dunes, around the mall.  It was a good vehicle for what we needed at the time of "off-roading."  while driving on the highway one morning with my family it ended it's life and save ours.  My cruise was set at 75 and a texting driver was going much much faster than that came up quick, drifted into our lane and "PIT" maneuvered us.  Bye bye pathfinder. 
Hello Flex.
This time around I've done things a little differently - mod's
Found a middle aged gal 2011, pearl white limited
First mod
Tint and black out the chrome.

2nd mod
H&R springs
3 bar tune livernios
thermostat

3rd mod
lots and lots of service work
New turbo, suspension, bushing, arms, new cat, new steering rack
Powerstop big brake kit, new tins, police explorer donor for brake calipers and parts

4th mod
Timing chain service turned into new motor....
While the engine is out  ...

5th mods
Ecopower billet turbo upgrade
Ecopower Hot pipes (if you haven't seen these in person the workmanship is awesome)
Updated cast manifolds - Ported
ported turbine housings
Catted down pipes
Mdesign intake
UPR catch can
Megan coilovers
NEW Motor

Thank you Ford ESP for the hand built motor!
I should have the car back in the next couple weeks -
Its going to breathe way better, and I'll be able to drive to Livernios to get a real tune in the fall after the engine breaks in.

Randy
Ported - Heads, EX manifolds, and turbine housings, GH - turbos, TQ, & IC, EPP intake and hotpipes w/Tial (11lbs), x35 spacer, MSD coils, PPE catted DP, Magnaflow exhaust, DW in tank, Livernois Hpfp, Fuel-IT e-sensor, AEM WMI, SHO trans cooler, Megan Coilovers, Retrofitted Headlights, TSW wheels

SHOdded

Wow, glad you lived to tell the tale!  Pretty awesome that ESP paid for the custom motor ;) you must have had a good dealership working with you!  If you have pics of the progress of your current Flex, you can make a project page here
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,98.0.html

Def put up pics of your Pathfinder and prev Flex if you have some too!  The Pathfinder did its' job, and should be honored.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

donky4444

Welcome from another Kazoo resident!
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

autox4fun

Quote from: SHOdded on July 22, 2018, 06:55:16 AM
Pretty awesome that ESP paid for the custom motor

We'll I wouldn't go calling it a "Custom" motor... I just assume it's hand built... it's a reman, but from Ford directly.  Including a Born on date - Plate over the vin location.
Ported - Heads, EX manifolds, and turbine housings, GH - turbos, TQ, & IC, EPP intake and hotpipes w/Tial (11lbs), x35 spacer, MSD coils, PPE catted DP, Magnaflow exhaust, DW in tank, Livernois Hpfp, Fuel-IT e-sensor, AEM WMI, SHO trans cooler, Megan Coilovers, Retrofitted Headlights, TSW wheels