• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Monster Energy DUB Show Chicago - August 11th, 2018

Started by bpd1151, July 17, 2018, 12:01:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

Once again, another great car show event for all those in the midwest, Chicagoland area.

Monster Energy's DUB Show.

A fantastic gathering of all makes and models, of BOTH Domestic AND Foreign custom cars, trucks, and bikes to feast your eyes upon.

Coupled with live entertainment, pretty ladies modeling, food, drink, etc.

Details can be found here:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/monster-energy-dub-show-chicago-2018-tickets-46416141930?aff=ebapi

Be sure to come on out, and stop by and say hi. I'll be displaying along with the rest of my crew from Shockwave Customs.

bpd1151

Ended up doing VERY WELL at this show.

Took home two separate awards.

One for "1st Place, Full Size, Mild" as well as a second trophy for "Beat Dressed on Nitto's" award.

Pretty happy to say the least. Competition was VERY stiff, with a ton of outstanding, quality builds, of all makes, models, years, and trim levels.

Super stoked.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Quote from: SHOdded on August 12, 2018, 02:17:10 AM
wow, super sweet, double victory!  great setup.
Thanks a bunch Manu!

The display materials I was gifted by/from FMC (Ford Performance flag on ground, and the large, upright tear drop banners w/Ford oval) certainly helped draw attention to the car from afar, and set it apart from other entrant's display(s).

The car itself kept them in place.

Lots of questions. Lots of interest. Which, for those who've seen me in person at events like this, know 1st hand how much I enjoy talking up the car, as well as the platform itself.

So all in all, a great time was had.

SHOdded

You get an A++ for effort and enthusiasm as well :D. Doing this year after year and coming out on top is no mean feat.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

shoNoff

Again congrats and like I said previously your car and the display are amazing. Great work and well deserved.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

FoMoCoSHO

bpd1151

Ha! No $h!t right?

Too funny.

Oh well. Not my show, nor was I performing the judging.

I mean let's be realistic,  most have no clue what clue they're standing in front of when it comes to our platform.

Yet alone all the hard work, and effort, etc. it takes to get it to where I have.

But to me, that's part of the challenge in rep'n this platform. I gladly accept that torch on behalf of all of us.

I think "wild" has to do with MAJOR body modifications (wide body kit, Lambo and/or suicide type doors, along with extensive paint work, etc.).