• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

H.I.N. Chicago - August 4th, 2018

Started by bpd1151, July 16, 2018, 11:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

Mark your calendars and come on out and enjoy the car scene as only Chicago can host.

Hot cars, hot ladies, live entertainment, the whole nine.

I've been graciously offered to be a "featured vehicle" for this year. As such, local news media outlets will be on hand extra early, as I've been told they want to air the footage on their respective afternoon broadcasts as some of the events occurring that weekend in the City.

Details can be had here:

https://hotimportnights.com/2018/06/august-4-2018-neiu-el-centro-campus-chicago-il/

Be sure to stop by and say hi if any of you happen to make it out. I'll be presenting along with the rest of my crew from Shockwave Customs.

bpd1151

Did very well at this event as well.

Took home an award for "2nd Place, Domestic, OVERALL"

Only snafu was that the promoters advised the awards weren't shipped in time for this event. As such, they'll be shipping them out to us.

Meh, it happens.

I'll post some pics once it arrives into my hands.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Congrats there bpd1151! Awesome accomplishment!  Z   :thumb: :thumb:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

802SHO

Congratulations you're car looks AMAZING
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

bpd1151

Quote from: 802SHO on August 12, 2018, 09:38:33 AM
Congratulations you're car looks AMAZING
Thanks a bunch!

My award for this event, should be arriving this week. As I said, there was a delay in them arriving to the venue itself, so the promoters are shipping them out to each recipient.

Side note, the SHO, along with the rest of my club was in the background for this story, but post-editing saw them all being cropped out.

Gggrrrr. Guess the focus was on Paul Walker's GTR. Oh well. Still cool the event was on the news.

Hot Import Nights comes to the NW Side
http://abc7chicago.com/automotive/hot-import-nights-comes-to-the-nw-side/3877723/

802SHO

Just watched the broadcast.  Looked loosely thrown together/sloppy.  Briefly showing and talking about just one car Paul Walker drove would have sufficed, rather than it being the entire focus. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

bpd1151

I agree on the entire focus of being on PW's car.

Would've been nice had they perhaps highlighted that, and included overall's of the entire show.

Which the videographer had originally captured, as we were filmed and we the footage before they left.

But who knows in this market what (or who decides) takes priority.

The daily/hourly violence here. National stories/headlines. Lollapalooza was going on that weekend too. Etc.

Least it made some blip in the storyline that day.

The event itself though was pretty good.

shoNoff

Car looks sexy as hell bdp. Congrats on the trophies man much deserved. The display you have is killer nice work.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on August 12, 2018, 01:13:15 AM
Did very well at this event as well.

Took home an award for "2nd Place, Domestic, OVERALL"

Only snafu was that the promoters advised the awards weren't shipped in time for this event. As such, they'll be shipping them out to us.

Meh, it happens.

I'll post some pics once it arrives into my hands.

What got first?

bpd1151

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 12, 2018, 03:32:03 PMWhat got first?

A fellow club member, who also is the owner of the audio customs shop.

He has a bad ass Z06 with about $200k worth of customizing done to it.

Nearly 1200whp besides all the lighting, audio, interior, paint/body, etc.

So deservedly so to him!

Here's his whip from a couple of years back, when we both displayed together at Tuner Galleria......

bpd1151

Finally received my award for this event.

Pretty cool that they incorporated the City of Chicago skyline into it.

ZSHO

Congrats once again bpd1151 & truly well deserved!   :thumb: :thumb:
Glad it made it safely without a hitch. Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Sweeeet!  Now be sure to cuddle tight with it when you go to bed tonight :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on August 24, 2018, 04:41:10 PM
Sweeeet!  Now be sure to cuddle tight with it when you go to bed tonight :D
But there won't be any room left for bj/sbs.