• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 SHO with side exit exhaust

Started by CCXVI, July 15, 2018, 04:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCXVI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIAgEZcqlUE

Much quieter than my last one, and now all you hear is engine and turbo noise.  LMS tune.  Now I'm looking at exterior mods

AJP turbo

SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bpd1151

@ the OP......

Certainly is unique. That's for sure.

To me it looks odd though, just protruding out the way it does. Like it was a neat concept, but somewhere along the line, the decision was made to not give it a "finished" look.

No tip at all, yet alone a finished/polished one. No running along the trailing edge of the rocker panels and then perhaps flaring it out nicely just in front of the rear tire, etc.

Just my .02 cents. Thanks for posting though.

CCXVI

ZSHO, that's the old setup I had.  It was the stock mufflers, so pretty quiet, and then dumps right past the turbos.  The new setup is in between in terms of noise, but way better sound than before.

NITSOOB

2013 PP SHO - 3.5" DPs, 3.5" Exhaust, 3" Coldside
Pending: 5-Blade billet wheel, AJP Tune
1/8: 8.4@86

Izzybird

Sounds good, You do anything with the back bumper or just leave it as is? I don't know what your inspection laws are, if any, but you'd need to find Bubba trading inspection stickers for beer around here to get that passed.
Wife's '15 SHO non PP

mval

i agree with bpd.something like the '70 AAR Cuda. but tough to pull off on a 4dr car. would never pass inspection in MO.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

avidmotion

Generally speaking I keep my stock mufflers on because I have never found any exhaust set up with a 6 cyl that was remotely decent sounding....
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

dubcitySHO

Quote from: avidmotion on July 17, 2018, 06:08:23 PM
Generally speaking I keep my stock mufflers on because I have never found any exhaust set up with a 6 cyl that was remotely decent sounding....

Maybe this platforms 6 cylinder....

There's a world of sexy sounding 6 bangers out there, just unfortunately this platform sounds like poop.
2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....

SHOdded

Ford has invested in keeping the SHO quiet, and it ... SHOs :D  OP, I like your setup, but I would like to get some clips under acceleration, cruise, WOT, etc.  More!  More!  More!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

CCXVI

That's definitely something I need to do, but I need something better than a cellphone.  It's all whistles and rushing air sound

CCXVI

Had some fun at a car show over the weekend

SHOdded

Quote from: CCXVI on July 18, 2018, 05:52:18 PM
That's definitely something I need to do, but I need something better than a cellphone.  It's all whistles and rushing air sound
Go pro with GOPRO!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!