• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ouch, ate the front chin.

Started by geswek, August 12, 2013, 04:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

That sucks, well if damage occurs that's a great time to upgrade! :)
Sorry about the tint ticket!
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

geswek

I'll find out tomorrow--got 8am appointment with body shop.

bpd1151

Yep. Sure did happen to me too.

Damn 'coon cost me nearly $3K out of pocket when it was all said & done.

But this included me adding the side skirting & rear valance into the equation, which i'll add, was NOT damaged.

Sorry to hear about your mishap there Storm. I'm sure you'll get her all back up to snuff so to speak, in no time at all.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

geswek

I'm losing my nerve right now -- just beyond angry.

The cop was the last straw--mate and I are thinking that I'm going to just strip my windows down to 35%.

Car looked hot while it lasted.

bpd1151

Maybe that rookie just thought you looked dashingly hot, & desired to see more of you, & up close.

Now that he's had his curiosity piqued, he wrote you a warning so that you lighten up the tint, so he can see more of you, on a more recurring basis, during those times you happen to drive past each other.

Haha. :popcorn:

Not making light of your predicament, but rather just trying to interject a lil humor into your plight.

It'll get better soon enough my friend.

Go enjoy a few cold --------> :beer:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

geswek

I wish it was that easy.

I just don't get it -- peeps cruising around with limo tint/5% all day long.

For some reason, on this day, I get screwed--it's not like I do anything stupid. I was on freeway limping home wondering if something else was going to fly off my car. Hell, I was talking to my mum LOL.

Either way, I got to do something--either fix tint and have this stupid warning signed and mailed in or wait for the fine to show up--whatever that is.

mjhpadi

That and some local PD's are hot on hammering dark tint.  You may be better in the long run to lighten it up a bit.. may help you avoid future hassles.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

JMR76

Was it in PA?  Total citation fine would be $112.00.  In PA the light admittance must be 70%.  Unfortunately, factory glass reflects around 24% give or take, meaning technically you can't legally have any after market tint in PA.  It sucks.
Even though not technically legal, a lot police overlook light tint (most of the time).

Good luck.
2013 SHO - PP/ GH Intercooler / 170*TS / Cold .026 plugs / MSD Coils / Corsa cat-back / PPE Catted Downpipes / Xtreme-DI XDI-EO HPFP / E 30+ / Gear Head Tuned.

geswek

Yeah it was in PA; I have 15% all way around--he told me to get 30% on front and I'd be OK. Didn't say crap about my rear or back glass.

I'm contemplating just paying the $112 fine or have the fronts re-done to 35%.

JMR76

It's the same all the around for sedans.  Trucks and SUV's can have tint on rear windows.  Problem is if you put 35% tint on, your actually around 59% tint. 

It could just be discretion and how strictly that officer or department decides to enforce the tint.  Some don't enforce it at all.  The laws do get confusing.

The most common Vehicle Code section used would be under PA Title 75 section 4107(b)2 and would reference to PA title 67. Chapter 175.67(d)(4) and Table X which is the table showing how much tint can be where on a vehicle.  Hope this helps.

Sorry to hear about your car.
2013 SHO - PP/ GH Intercooler / 170*TS / Cold .026 plugs / MSD Coils / Corsa cat-back / PPE Catted Downpipes / Xtreme-DI XDI-EO HPFP / E 30+ / Gear Head Tuned.

EcoBrick Bob

Tint deal sux!!!     As for you front damage...  Years ago I saw a 18 wheeler lose a tire.. hit a friends car head on... "V" d the front end!   
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

vernonator

I was attacked by a suicidal racoon last week on the way to a VERY early flight. Damn thing LEPT out of the ditch straight at my headlight - no joke. He hit on the pass side right at the running light - $1K damage later and the front bumper is repaired and painted. Gahhhh...... :bangin:
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

SoCalSHO

Storm, If possible, keep the tint, pay the tax, and chances are you won't get pulled over again.

Tint laws are pretty lame in Ca also. But we can paint the windows black on all the windows behind the driver if we wanted to. And since everyone in Ca has window tint anyways, I take the chance on having my fronts tinted.

Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

geswek

I'm doing that.

I'll replace it only if I keep getting pulled over.

Sent from a mobile, I think.