• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Stock Turbo Mounting Stud Size

Started by autobahn terror, July 12, 2018, 06:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irondoor19

Quote from: autobahn terror on July 19, 2018, 09:35:13 AM
They are indeed. Some of the stuff came into today. The Graph-Flex Gasket Sheets 67006 is really nice material. Thick as a clipboard too. Once the rest comes in, that leak is going to be gone for good...

WTF: Long Time No hear, How did the CF drive shaft Turn Out....?
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

autobahn terror

The short story is it didnt. The driveshaft shop started on fabricating the custom mounting plates and such, when they said they were ready to spin a shaft, I triple checked my measurements and then took a piece of 3" exhaust pipe to check clearance and found that it would not clear the tunnel at the angle it would need to be at being one piece. They planned on spinning a 3.8" diameter shaft so if 3" looks like it would rub 3.8 likely would even bolt in. I asked them about changing the plan up to build a stronger two piece with a poly carrier bearing from kerbid , (They make upgraded bearings for the CTS-V), and the guy I was in contact with started going off on some tangent how they wouldnt work with another shop to make a shaft that would fit. They haven't responded to my last few emails so I just wrote them off. I bought a used shaft for a hundred bucks and had it sent to kerbid so they can make a poly-carrier bearing for it. For what its worth, Kerbid looked over the stock shaft and said the only weak points on it are the carrier bearing and the U joint. The shaft itself fine for performance applications within reason.
2014 PP, Dicunzolo Gen2 Mounts, Gear Head Intercooler, EcoPowerParts Charge Pipes w/Meth Bung @1GPH, Hennessy KnN CAI W/RECIRC, Alky controls meth injection, Lightly Ported Intake drilled and tapped for Port Meth Injection 1GPH per Cylinder, XDI EVO HPFP, Deathwerks 340LPH intank LPFP, ATP Turbos, EPP Catless DownPipes, Corsa CAT Back, 160TSTAT, 3BAR MAP, Stock Ignition coils, SP542 plugs .028, UPR Catch Can, MEGAN Coilovers,  Power Stop Z23 Brake Kit, 93octane Dynotune @ 430AWHP/430AWTQ...Soon to be much more

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

irondoor19

That is Great, Will be contacting them Strait Away...thanks

I did, and when they Get it Figured Out,
I am IN, Group buy Anyone...?
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

autobahn terror

They are indeed. Some of the stuff came into today. The Graph-Flex Gasket Sheets 67006 is really nice material. Thick as a clipboard too. Once the rest comes in, that leak is going to be gone for good...

UPDATE:

THIS GASKET MATERIAL IS GREAT, IF YOU CAN ACTUALLY CUT AND SHAPE IT WITHOUT DESTROYING IT!!!

so with that said, Here's what happened... I finally got the car on a lift last week to rectify my leak, and to my surprise the leak was NOT where I figured it was, turns out it was at the Turbo to Down Pipe Gasket, NOT the turbo to Manifold side. Which sucks cause I bought every thing for the other side where I figured the issue was because that where its was last time. It also turns out that one of my Studs, (this time on the other side of the turbo), came out with the nut as I was disconnecting the DP, and while taking the nut off it stripped/flattened a piece of the thread with it. I tried a thread repair kit on it and it kinda came back, but now I need new studs for the Outlet of the turbo. And of Course I cant find the correct P/N again. I dunno how Z found it definitively but he is the man for doing so...Z HOW did you find that P/N last time?

The leak ended up being the DP to Turbo being loose with gasket burnt up. I could replace the gasket with something I didnt have so I flattened and reused what I had with some of the Permatex liquid gasket sealer I had and so far its holding, but I suspect not for long. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ATTEMPTING THE GASKET SHEET MATERIAL FOR THAT LOCATION; if there is a problem It could blow some material into your CATS...
2014 PP, Dicunzolo Gen2 Mounts, Gear Head Intercooler, EcoPowerParts Charge Pipes w/Meth Bung @1GPH, Hennessy KnN CAI W/RECIRC, Alky controls meth injection, Lightly Ported Intake drilled and tapped for Port Meth Injection 1GPH per Cylinder, XDI EVO HPFP, Deathwerks 340LPH intank LPFP, ATP Turbos, EPP Catless DownPipes, Corsa CAT Back, 160TSTAT, 3BAR MAP, Stock Ignition coils, SP542 plugs .028, UPR Catch Can, MEGAN Coilovers,  Power Stop Z23 Brake Kit, 93octane Dynotune @ 430AWHP/430AWTQ...Soon to be much more

ZSHO

Quote from: autobahn terror on August 24, 2018, 10:39:25 AM

UPDATE:

THIS GASKET MATERIAL IS GREAT, IF YOU CAN ACTUALLY CUT AND SHAPE IT WITHOUT DESTROYING IT!!!

so with that said, Here's what happened... I finally got the car on a lift last week to rectify my leak, and to my surprise the leak was NOT where I figured it was, turns out it was at the Turbo to Down Pipe Gasket, NOT the turbo to Manifold side. Which sucks cause I bought every thing for the other side where I figured the issue was because that where its was last time. It also turns out that one of my Studs, (this time on the other side of the turbo), came out with the nut as I was disconnecting the DP, and while taking the nut off it stripped/flattened a piece of the thread with it. I tried a thread repair kit on it and it kinda came back, but now I need new studs for the Outlet of the turbo. And of Course I cant find the correct P/N again. I dunno how Z found it definitively but he is the man for doing so...Z HOW did you find that P/N last time?

The leak ended up being the DP to Turbo being loose with gasket burnt up. I could replace the gasket with something I didnt have so I flattened and reused what I had with some of the Permatex liquid gasket sealer I had and so far its holding, but I suspect not for long. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ATTEMPTING THE GASKET SHEET MATERIAL FOR THAT LOCATION; if there is a problem It could blow some material into your CATS...
@ Parts Dept shelf!  Glad to be of some assistance brother .Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|