• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Stock Turbo Mounting Stud Size

Started by autobahn terror, July 12, 2018, 06:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

autobahn terror

Hello all fellow Eco Boosters,

I have a re-occuring problem. My rear turbo keeps developing a leak at the exhaust inlet. I had the leak fixed last year, but it has since returned. I just ordered a bunch of different things to try, (I am going to make a gasket from some High Temp Material), but I also want to replace the Turbo Mounting studs. Only problem is I daily drive my SHO and dont have alot of time to pull a stud down just to order new ones.

Does any one know the size, length and thread pitch of the studs? Are they "M8"s ?
2014 PP, Dicunzolo Gen2 Mounts, Gear Head Intercooler, EcoPowerParts Charge Pipes w/Meth Bung @1GPH, Hennessy KnN CAI W/RECIRC, Alky controls meth injection, Lightly Ported Intake drilled and tapped for Port Meth Injection 1GPH per Cylinder, XDI EVO HPFP, Deathwerks 340LPH intank LPFP, ATP Turbos, EPP Catless DownPipes, Corsa CAT Back, 160TSTAT, 3BAR MAP, Stock Ignition coils, SP542 plugs .028, UPR Catch Can, MEGAN Coilovers,  Power Stop Z23 Brake Kit, 93octane Dynotune @ 430AWHP/430AWTQ...Soon to be much more

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

autobahn terror

haha, thats funny, I actually called levitown parts department cause the bolt/stud i am looking for is not on the diagram. After talking it over with them that is the bolt they sent me, but its too big, (just from eyeballing it mind you). The bolt in the diagram is a support bracket bolt. The one I am looking for is more of a stud with a champfer, (copper band?), in the middle where the turbo joins to the exhaust manifold. I am looking to get some good ARP replacement type stuff.

In a previous post, I noted that one of the studs had worked itselt from the engine and was rattleing around in the plastic belly pan. I called ATP to ask for a fix suggestion, they think its due to the exhaust system being to stiff and the flex joints not flexing enough and placing to much stress/vibration on the turbo itself. I dont think that is the case though as I have a vauge memory of this being an issue when the ATP turbos first got popular as an upgrade...

Thanks for your help though I do appreciate it.
2014 PP, Dicunzolo Gen2 Mounts, Gear Head Intercooler, EcoPowerParts Charge Pipes w/Meth Bung @1GPH, Hennessy KnN CAI W/RECIRC, Alky controls meth injection, Lightly Ported Intake drilled and tapped for Port Meth Injection 1GPH per Cylinder, XDI EVO HPFP, Deathwerks 340LPH intank LPFP, ATP Turbos, EPP Catless DownPipes, Corsa CAT Back, 160TSTAT, 3BAR MAP, Stock Ignition coils, SP542 plugs .028, UPR Catch Can, MEGAN Coilovers,  Power Stop Z23 Brake Kit, 93octane Dynotune @ 430AWHP/430AWTQ...Soon to be much more

SHOdded

You are right, the diagram does not list it.  I will have to check the 2010 manuals to see if it is there.  Ford manuals have made it hard to locate part numbers since 2011.

I suggest going to fordpartsgiant.com they list pretty much everthing available or discontinued.   There was supposed to be a writeup on atp turbo installation  but it never happened, unfortunately.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

autobahn terror

fordpartsgiant definitely has more parts listed, but sifting through them is gonna take some time. Hopefully the PITA at home will leave me alone for a while so I can look this up

Thanks for the info

autobahn terror

Any body ever heard of CF Power? better known as CIFIC Auto? they are selling Cheap replacement turbos for many a platform.

https://www.amazon.com/CF-Power-Turbocharger-EcoBoost-Turbo/dp/B019JKWGYO/ref=sr_1_26?m=A1JEYMHOGQPN8X&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1531466410&sr=1-26
$900 for a pair of new turbos is ridiculously cheap, (no core charge). Although levitownfordparts has them for about the same price as well...

Any way, the last picture of the amazon link above shows the stud mounts I am looking for. I guess I am going to try to call them tonight.

NITSOOB

I have them.. bought then through ebay under another brand. Havent installed them yet
2013 PP SHO - 3.5" DPs, 3.5" Exhaust, 3" Coldside
Pending: 5-Blade billet wheel, AJP Tune
1/8: 8.4@86

ZSHO

This is based on my Vin number! 
STUD Alone & NOT the Bolt!  Z 

Base No. HT1 - M10
Ford Part number W712829-S900

$4.42 ea

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-stud_-w712829-s900.html?Vin=1FAHP2KT5DG183206&Filter=()

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

I'm confirming the correct part number ^^^ are indeed correct for the Stud and Bolt needed.
The actual parts are referenced below! Hope this helps someone out.  Z  :)

Stud - W712829-S900

Bolt - W714265-S441

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-nut_-w714265-s441.html?Vin=1FAHP2KT5DG183206&Filter=()

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-stud_-w712829-s900.html?Vin=1FAHP2KT5DG183206&Filter=()

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

autobahn terror

Thanks A Bunch Z, I have been looking around but was unsuccessful in getting a solid answer. I am ordering these right now...

autobahn terror

I couldn't even get a definite answer from ATP about this, They did recommend adding a lock washer to the stock bolts. They also wondered if my exhaust system is to blame, (not enough flex at the flex joint).

SHOdded

Z found that sometimes doublegasketing is the cure for the exhaust leaks.  You could give that a go.

autobahn terror

SHOdded

let's hope it works :)  exhaust leaks/rattles are quite annoying.

autobahn terror

They are indeed. Some of the stuff came into today. The Graph-Flex Gasket Sheets 67006 is really nice material. Thick as a clipboard too. Once the rest comes in, that leak is going to be gone for good...