January 20, 2019, 02:00:40 PM
collapse
collapse

Author Topic: New Member - Say Hello to EcoHell  (Read 1273 times)

Offline MeanKS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Received: 42
  • Ecobooster
Re: New Member - Say Hello to EcoHell
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 12:44:44 AM »
After reading about the upcoming ST version, I am very interested in it...sooo, I will be either selling EcoHell or trading her in.. I need to see it in person first...because the front end of the non ST version, to me, is hideous..  I really hate that Ford softened the look. 

Check out this photo comparing the generations from the front end and the 2020 version looks even wider, which I am quite sure it is simply the front fascia changes...but it has a Subaru-ish look.

The current generation definitely has the tougher look.

thoughts??
agree that the current gen looks brawnier.

so after all the mods how did your Explorer ride and handle.

my next vehicle will probably be a 2018 Platinum or Sport Explorer.

maybe a 2020 if Ford ends up offering some kind of Off-road exterior package with increased ground clearance, larger wheels (staggered would be sick) and enhanced body cladding.
MKS-EB...

Offline Livernois Motorsports

• 313 561 5500
  • Elite Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 213
  • -Received: 557
  • Ecobooster
    • www.livernoismotorsports.com
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 07:51:57 AM »
I just want to give LMS a shout-out for their products and their customer service. I wasn't expecting the process for their tune(s), but I get it. Their customer service has been what I expected.. true professionals.
We highly appreciate the kind words, we always strive to be the best of the best when it comes to customer service and we are happy to hear you are ecstatic about your interactions with us! We look forward to helping you with whatever needs you may have with the vehicle in the future and as always if you have any questions feel free to shoot us a pm on this board or just give us a call and any and all of us will be glad to help you out!

Offline EcoHell

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 12
  • Ecobooster
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 07:41:07 PM »
I just want to give LMS a shout-out for their products and their customer service. I wasn't expecting the process for their tune(s), but I get it. Their customer service has been what I expected.. true professionals.
We highly appreciate the kind words, we always strive to be the best of the best when it comes to customer service and we are happy to hear you are ecstatic about your interactions with us! We look forward to helping you with whatever needs you may have with the vehicle in the future and as always if you have any questions feel free to shoot us a pm on this board or just give us a call and any and all of us will be glad to help you out!

I still have the camber bolts I was supposed to mail back to you that came with my Level 2 Performance Package.  Between family health issues, to include where I sustained an injury, and retirement, it was both not having time and when I did have time I forgot.  Do you still remember my issue?  I am not sure how many more packages were sold after my issue, but I just want to ensure we are on the same page so you and future customers do not have to go what could become a frustrating time.

Offline EcoHell

• Thank You
  • Ecobooster
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2019, 07:53:07 PM »

agree that the current gen looks brawnier.  so after all the mods how did your Explorer ride and handle.

my next vehicle will probably be a 2018 Platinum or Sport Explorer.  maybe a 2020 if Ford ends up offering some kind of Off-road exterior package with increased ground clearance, larger wheels (staggered would be sick) and enhanced body cladding.

I love the mods..  I have been embarrassing Hemi's, Camaros and even Mustangs from stoplights.  Keep in mind, I also have the Pedal Commander as well, which helps brings the power from the LMS Package quicker to the wheels.  I drove to Florida and back and it was an awesome drive. Using the Adaptive Cruise Control with the Lane Assist was so comforting that I was not feeling the usual "drag ass" time after the 17 hour drive.  One thing that sucked was the MPG, which I averaged 18.4.  Keep in mind I was cruising at 85 mph.  Not sure if the Pedal Commander (PC) ECO feature would have helped.  But more on the PC below:

I had a slight vibration coming from the pax front wheel while turning left under acceleration. Given my modifications, I did not want to put her back to stock to bring her back to the dealership. Keep in mind I just flipped 10k. So I am thinking it cannot be anything major.. The OEM axle is $168.xx. So I was thinking it had to be the axle. After removing the axle, there was no wear or tear inside or outside of the original axle..so it did not look like it was the axle that was causing the vibration. Soooo, for those of you thinking of installing the Pedal Commander or another product like it..be warned.. apparently it activates the ABS system causing a vibration when making a left turn. It is not a major vibration, but I could feel it in my seat and right leg. Two techs couldn't feel what I was talking about, but one tech did..it is that light of a vibration. So I have a brand new OEM pax axle installed and a 10k axle for a spare. We found this out during the test drive after the install of the new axle.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 09:23:19 PM by EcoHell »

Offline SHOdded

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • : Beltsville, MD
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9787
  • -Received: 3252
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2019, 01:20:17 AM »
Check pass wheel balance, and pass wheel bearing as possibilities for the vibration.  Also that the pass strut mount is secure.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Offline EcoHell

• Thank You
  • Ecobooster
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2019, 09:25:23 AM »
Check pass wheel balance, and pass wheel bearing as possibilities for the vibration.  Also that the pass strut mount is secure.

All those were checked when we were diagnosing the issue.  That is why we thought it was the axle.  I wished I would have powered off the PC before the install, but I never thought that would have caused the problem. 

* Featured Topics

* Recent Topics

Re: 2013+ intercooler install?
by ddlopes | Today at 01:59:33 PM
Can hot pipes still be used with this intercooler? And does anyone kno...
Re: Ecopowerparts 09-14 F150 widebody kit
by 802SHO | Today at 12:19:16 PM
That looks bad a$$!  It's perfect in all the right spots...i...
Re: New Intercooler for Transverse 3.5L Ecoboost
by Jordan | January 19, 2019, 09:15:13 PM
For those skeptical of this upgrade I just made an installation video ...
Re: What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?
by BoostfoSHO | January 19, 2019, 05:14:53 PM
New Alky pump ordered from www.Alkycontrols.comI emailed Julio over @ ...
Re: New member here transferring from other forums
by TonyTheTiger57 | January 19, 2019, 03:57:46 PM
No, there isn't a particular reason I like Fords.. It just happen...
Re: Ford Expedition & Lincoln Navigator
by ZSHO | January 19, 2019, 11:01:11 AM
2019 LINCOLN NAUTILUS RECALL ISSUED FOR 2,700 SUVSLincoln SUVs have pr...
MOVED: Toyota ecoboost
by ZSHO | January 18, 2019, 04:26:04 PM
This topic has been moved to Admin-Moderator only discussion.https://w...
Re: Throttle Body Motor assembly
by ZSHO | January 18, 2019, 06:22:19 AM
Feel free to start your own Dedicated thread here! Z https://www.ecobo...
Re: 2012+ timing job
by ZSHO | January 17, 2019, 06:28:58 PM
I believe so!  Z https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8JUL90DXgdiMTZ...
Re: Random thoughts for the day
by ZSHO | January 17, 2019, 05:16:56 PM
JAN 14, 2019 | FORD MOTOR COMPANY PRESS RELEASEALL-NEW FORD EXPLORER G...
MOVED: Looking for used Cat-Back for A 2014 SHO
by ZSHO | January 17, 2019, 04:25:11 PM
This topic has been moved to Parts for Sale or Wanted.https://www.ecob...
Re: Splash blending e85 to 93
by FiveLeeter918 | January 17, 2019, 01:44:28 PM
Thanks to everyone! To prevent any fuel related issues god forbid I ru...
Re: Livernois Upgrades
by Livernois Motorsports | January 17, 2019, 07:45:34 AM
I just wanted to share my recent experience with Livernois and my 2018...
MOVED: Livernois Upgrades
by SHOdded | January 16, 2019, 08:09:34 PM
This topic has been moved to Livernois Motorsports and Engineering.htt...
Re: Something different?
by SHOdded | January 16, 2019, 04:29:39 PM
LOL, yes, my reference was the first gen V's, since people buy th...