• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Member - Say Hello to EcoHell

Started by EcoHell, July 11, 2018, 08:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanKS

Quote from: EcoHell on January 10, 2019, 11:19:32 AM
After reading about the upcoming ST version, I am very interested in it...sooo, I will be either selling EcoHell or trading her in.. I need to see it in person first...because the front end of the non ST version, to me, is hideous..  I really hate that Ford softened the look. 

Check out this photo comparing the generations from the front end and the 2020 version looks even wider, which I am quite sure it is simply the front fascia changes...but it has a Subaru-ish look.

The current generation definitely has the tougher look.

thoughts??
agree that the current gen looks brawnier.

so after all the mods how did your Explorer ride and handle.

my next vehicle will probably be a 2018 Platinum or Sport Explorer.

maybe a 2020 if Ford ends up offering some kind of Off-road exterior package with increased ground clearance, larger wheels (staggered would be sick) and enhanced body cladding.
MKS-EB...

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: EcoHell on July 29, 2018, 01:40:08 AM
I just want to give LMS a shout-out for their products and their customer service. I wasn't expecting the process for their tune(s), but I get it. Their customer service has been what I expected.. true professionals.
We highly appreciate the kind words, we always strive to be the best of the best when it comes to customer service and we are happy to hear you are ecstatic about your interactions with us! We look forward to helping you with whatever needs you may have with the vehicle in the future and as always if you have any questions feel free to shoot us a pm on this board or just give us a call and any and all of us will be glad to help you out!

EcoHell

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on January 11, 2019, 09:51:57 AM
Quote from: EcoHell on July 29, 2018, 01:40:08 AM
I just want to give LMS a shout-out for their products and their customer service. I wasn't expecting the process for their tune(s), but I get it. Their customer service has been what I expected.. true professionals.
We highly appreciate the kind words, we always strive to be the best of the best when it comes to customer service and we are happy to hear you are ecstatic about your interactions with us! We look forward to helping you with whatever needs you may have with the vehicle in the future and as always if you have any questions feel free to shoot us a pm on this board or just give us a call and any and all of us will be glad to help you out!

I still have the camber bolts I was supposed to mail back to you that came with my Level 2 Performance Package.  Between family health issues, to include where I sustained an injury, and retirement, it was both not having time and when I did have time I forgot.  Do you still remember my issue?  I am not sure how many more packages were sold after my issue, but I just want to ensure we are on the same page so you and future customers do not have to go what could become a frustrating time.

EcoHell

Quote from: MeanKS on January 11, 2019, 02:44:44 AM

agree that the current gen looks brawnier.  so after all the mods how did your Explorer ride and handle.

my next vehicle will probably be a 2018 Platinum or Sport Explorer.  maybe a 2020 if Ford ends up offering some kind of Off-road exterior package with increased ground clearance, larger wheels (staggered would be sick) and enhanced body cladding.

I love the mods..  I have been embarrassing Hemi's, Camaros and even Mustangs from stoplights.  Keep in mind, I also have the Pedal Commander as well, which helps brings the power from the LMS Package quicker to the wheels.  I drove to Florida and back and it was an awesome drive. Using the Adaptive Cruise Control with the Lane Assist was so comforting that I was not feeling the usual "drag ass" time after the 17 hour drive.  One thing that sucked was the MPG, which I averaged 18.4.  Keep in mind I was cruising at 85 mph.  Not sure if the Pedal Commander (PC) ECO feature would have helped.  But more on the PC below:

I had a slight vibration coming from the pax front wheel while turning left under acceleration. Given my modifications, I did not want to put her back to stock to bring her back to the dealership. Keep in mind I just flipped 10k. So I am thinking it cannot be anything major.. The OEM axle is $168.xx. So I was thinking it had to be the axle. After removing the axle, there was no wear or tear inside or outside of the original axle..so it did not look like it was the axle that was causing the vibration. Soooo, for those of you thinking of installing the Pedal Commander or another product like it..be warned.. apparently it activates the ABS system causing a vibration when making a left turn. It is not a major vibration, but I could feel it in my seat and right leg. Two techs couldn't feel what I was talking about, but one tech did..it is that light of a vibration. So I have a brand new OEM pax axle installed and a 10k axle for a spare. We found this out during the test drive after the install of the new axle.

SHOdded

Check pass wheel balance, and pass wheel bearing as possibilities for the vibration.  Also that the pass strut mount is secure.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoHell

Quote from: SHOdded on January 12, 2019, 03:20:17 AM
Check pass wheel balance, and pass wheel bearing as possibilities for the vibration.  Also that the pass strut mount is secure.

All those were checked when we were diagnosing the issue.  That is why we thought it was the axle.  I wished I would have powered off the PC before the install, but I never thought that would have caused the problem. 

EcoHell

Well, after my low voltage/Terrain Management System fault issue, I have yet another mod.  If you have the Terrain Management System fault issue, you may want to take a glance of my thread..  https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,10964.0.html 

For some reason, the rear pads fade quicker than the fronts..weird for a SUV, but that is Ford for you.  Sooo, I pulled the trigger and purchased the PowerStop kit for the Sport.  Just got her back from the shop.  Bedded them in and no squealing..so all is good.

I will provide updates accordingly..  anyone else have any issues with these brakes??

Macgyver

Oh nice.

Some get lucky using the Interceptor Pads. They are heavy duty compared to what comes stock.

EcoHell

I know the Interceptor brake pads are better than stock, but they still provide a fair amount of brake dust.  My office's fleet were washed (at least) once a week to clean them up.  Same for all of the different police vehicles we had..

I have always used ceramic pads to eliminate most of the dust, but it still exists, just depends on your budget and how much you want to clean..LOL.

EcoHell

Well, I pulled the trigger and purchased and had installed a Singer High Output Alternator to handle all of my electronic needs in EcoHell.  Anyone else install a High Output alternator in their Sport? 

You get both pulleys and a keychain to boot...HA!

EcoHell

Posted this on other forums and wanted to share it here as well...

Anyone notice anything different about EcoHell in this photo?

Ok.. what about these photos:

Working on a YouTube video showing the steps, and yes, there are other videos but those videos are showing the stock front clip where you cut it as opposed to purchasing the law enforcement front clips version.

I also am working on a video showing how to take apart the center dash where I installed the 4DTech Motion Unlock module, so I can use the key board while driving..

xartic1

Quote from: EcoHell on October 21, 2021, 03:08:06 AM
Posted this on other forums and wanted to share it here as well...

Anyone notice anything different about EcoHell in this photo?

Ok.. what about these photos:

Working on a YouTube video showing the steps, and yes, there are other videos but those videos are showing the stock front clip where you cut it as opposed to purchasing the law enforcement front clips version.

I also am working on a video showing how to take apart the center dash where I installed the 4DTech Motion Unlock module, so I can use the key board while driving..
What stripping did you use to cover everything up? This looks nice!
2014 Explorer Sport - Livernois 91 tune, 3 Bar MAP, Bilstein B6's, Dicunzolo Transmission Mounts, Mishimoto J-Line FMIC, AEM Drop In Filter, Steeda Rear Sway Bar, PPE Engineering Catless Downpipes, Reische 170 T-stat
2011 Mustang GT Brembo - Bama 91 tune, Steeda Intake,  LTH, 3" full exhaust with O/R X-Pipe no resonator, every possible suspension component replaced, weighs 3505 with 1/4 gas

EcoHell

Quote from: xartic1 on October 27, 2021, 09:14:39 AMWhat stripping did you use to cover everything up? This looks nice!

Thanks for your interest and question.  The molding I used is:

The main reason was the placement of the 3M tap on the underside.  There are some molding that use two separate taping that is very thin and would not cover the bolt holes.  I did not want to take the chance of any leaks, as it would come inside the vehicle and ruin the headliner.  My experience is that the 3M tape used in Dawn's molding is spot on for my concern.  Take note.. this is a very heavy molding product, so take your time placing it on about a foot at a time. 

I will go over everything in my video coming shortly in YouTube and will post the link here.

xartic1

Quote from: EcoHell on October 28, 2021, 02:25:46 AM
Quote from: xartic1 on October 27, 2021, 09:14:39 AMWhat stripping did you use to cover everything up? This looks nice!

Thanks for your interest and question.  The molding I used is:

The main reason was the placement of the 3M tap on the underside.  There are some molding that use two separate taping that is very thin and would not cover the bolt holes.  I did not want to take the chance of any leaks, as it would come inside the vehicle and ruin the headliner.  My experience is that the 3M tape used in Dawn's molding is spot on for my concern.  Take note.. this is a very heavy molding product, so take your time placing it on about a foot at a time. 

I will go over everything in my video coming shortly in YouTube and will post the link here.
Did you put bolts or anything back into the roof?

I wonder if a low profile socket head cap screw with a gasket backed washer would fit under that and it would prevent any water from entering inside.
2014 Explorer Sport - Livernois 91 tune, 3 Bar MAP, Bilstein B6's, Dicunzolo Transmission Mounts, Mishimoto J-Line FMIC, AEM Drop In Filter, Steeda Rear Sway Bar, PPE Engineering Catless Downpipes, Reische 170 T-stat
2011 Mustang GT Brembo - Bama 91 tune, Steeda Intake,  LTH, 3" full exhaust with O/R X-Pipe no resonator, every possible suspension component replaced, weighs 3505 with 1/4 gas

EcoHell

Quote from: xartic1 on October 28, 2021, 09:03:40 AMDid you put bolts or anything back into the roof?

I wonder if a low profile socket head cap screw with a gasket backed washer would fit under that and it would prevent any water from entering inside.

You reuse the same bolts if you go my route for the front OEM Interceptor trim pieces.  For the other holes you use the Set Screws.  You can see from even using the Set Screws there will be some slight bumps.  Those are not from the Set Screws, but from the actual bolt areas within the channel of the roof.  That is why I stress to use adhesive and flatten it out as much as possible.  As long as the molding doesn't bulge higher than the actual roof channel, and it does not allow water under the molding you are sound.  Using other types of bolts may cause a higher bulge and/or may cause the 3M Tape to not make a level connection. 

Best practice is to use what works.  Keep in mind using Set Screws with adhesive sealant, PLUS having the molding with one piece of 3M tape (as opposed to two pieces of 3M Tape) you should not have any leaks to worry about. 

I completed the DIY video on YouTube.  It will be posted below this post.