• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Member - Say Hello to EcoHell

Started by EcoHell, July 11, 2018, 08:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoHell

Hello everyone.  My name is Bill and I live on Long Island, NY.  I just picked up my new daily, named EcoHell.  She is a 2018 Explorer Sport, with the 401a package in White Platinum. 

My first two mods were installed today..Weathertech floor mats and window deflectors.  I am looking at aftermarket wheels and tuning package (looking into Livernois right now, but who knows).  Now if you wondering about the name of my daily, wellll, there is a family of vehicles having "Hell" in their name.

Say hello to MonSoonHell:

And my retirement gift to myself is BloodyHell:

MonSoonHell was a 2012 Audi S4, Prestige, 6spd Manual and highly modified.  I sold her in June.  BloodyHell is a 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo, 6spd Manual and highly modified. 

I don't plan on going crazy with EcoHell, just the modifications I mentioned above.  I am falling more and more in love with her every time I drive her.  I have questions and hope someone can answer my questions or at least point me in the right direction..

1) besides not being able to pass an emission inspection with the Livernois Motorsports T460 Performance Package, is there other packages that has shown to be reliable and pass an emission inspection?

2) I have seen a  22x9 (F) and 22x10.5 (R) set up, which I like.. what is the widest rim and what offset can i go with?

3) Lastly, are there any Long Islanders out there with modified Sports?

Thanks in advance for looking, reading and responding back.  Stay tuned for more mods and more toys..

EcoHell

Ok..here are some pictures of the install of the Livernois Motorsports (LMS) parts.

First...stock dyno run:

Then we moved onto the downpipe install:

These pipes by American Racing bolt up and are a perfect bolt on product.  With the above picture you can see before the bolts when in, it was a perfect fit.

Next the lowering springs were installed.  The springs are H&R 51630 with rear camber bolts (or so we thought).  This is what LMS sent in the package, having a part number of 81280..

I contacted LMS through emails and phone calls for two days. I sent photos showing their camber bolts were for the front and not the rear.  They claimed they were the correct bolt.  I ultimately contacted their source for the camber bolts and purchased two rear camber bolts.  They will be here on Monday.  This is what the bolt is supposed to look like, having the part number of 84130:

I contacted LMS and said I would return their camber bolts and they can see for themselves. My concern was they were sending the wrong camber bolts to other customers, where it could become a safety issue.  If used one would only be able to capture 3 threads at the most, which looking at the nut you would not be able to utilize the nuts special feature where it is tapered at the end to basically lock onto the threads.  One doesn't have to install the bolt to see this occurring, simply place the bolt next to the OEM bolt installed.  My shop would not attempt to install for safety and liability reasons.

Since we had this issue, we held off on the springs and installed their Windstorm CAI.  Unfortunately there was an small issue with this product.  The CAI comes with an Air Temperature Sensor (ATS) wire extension that does not fit the OEM ATS itself.  The issue is the guide or alignment tabs of the OEM ATS matching the grooves for their ATS wire extension.  A simple fix is to snip and file off one of the OEM ATS guide/alignment tabs.  I am not sure if this is a change in the 2017/2018 models, as the Livernois Motorsports ATS wire extension comes with a tag saying it is for earlier models of Ex.

Anyone have an earlier model Ex that installed their CAI kit and if so did you have this issue as well?

The second day EcoHell was still on the lift.  Still working with LMS on the camber bolts and having purchased the correct camber bolts..we buttoned up the install of the springs.  Plus, I have not received my new rims yet, so the stock camber bolts will work until they arrive.

Anyhoot, I apologize for not taking additional pictures of the install, but being retired I am enjoying driving BloodyHell for my daily chores and of course I get in conversations everywhere I go. So here are pictures of the before and after stance of EcoHell:

Before:

After:

EcoHell

I just want to give LMS a shout-out for their products and their customer service. I wasn't expecting the process for their tune(s), but I get it. Their customer service has been what I expected.. true professionals.

SHOdded

Looking better (and hopefully sounding better) all the time!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoHell

Actually, it does sound alittle louder, however, the OEM exhaust, to me, kills the downpipes.  I will purchase a cat-back system, however, I want the quad tips.  Still deciding on which rims to go by.  I received a response to my question above regarding the install of LMS' CAI...on the 2016 it was a plug and play..so it must be definitely a 2018 and possibly a 2017 issue. 

EcoHell

Sorry for not posting lately.  Been busy enjoying retirement.  I updated EcoHell with new wheels.  I like the OEM wheels, just wished they were wider.  So I decided on Niche Vosso's.  Same styling as OEM, but better, IMO.  Specs are 20x10.5, offset of 40.  Tires are Hankook's 295/45/20s.  I will let the pictures do the talking... 

The difference between OEM (right) and Niche (left)..

The install pics:

The stance of the rear is sick..I will take more pictures tomorrow. 

802SHO

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

4sfed

Congrats!

...so how did the dyno runs turn out!
2015 SHO, GH E30 tune, GH intercooler, 3 bar, SP542's, PPE Cat'd DP's, XDI-35, H&R springs, AD Gen2 mounts
Factory Five Mark III, 2004 Mach I donor (gone)
2003 Mustang Cobra 'vert, 456 rwhp, with mods (gone)
2002 MB C32 AMG (gone)
1997 Cobra 'vert, Vortech'd (gone)

EcoHell

Sorry I have not been around.  Yes I do have additional information to post, such as the dyno numbers and additional mods.  However, I need questions answered and I do not see this question asked when searching for it. 

As i have the LMS Stage 2 Performance Package, giving (LMS' numbers of) 80whp and 100+wtq.  Does this change the towing capacity at all.  I have an opportunity to purchase a twin axle (w/brakes) car trailer to tow my Porsche around.  The trailer weighs approximately 2300 pounds and my Porsche weighs 3500 pounds.  With the tune, is this safe?

SHOdded

No way you can tow that much with the X, and definitely not with a SHO.  An F150 is a different story altogether.  An X is limited to 5K pounds, IIRC.  The tune can be adjusted to accommodate, just tell LME to give you a tow tune.  But the tow amount is just too much.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

X2- I would NOT tow anything even close to the numbers you mentioned with the exception of mother in laws. Lol.  Z 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

EcoHell

Quote from: SHOdded on September 28, 2018, 08:26:01 AM
No way you can tow that much with the X, and definitely not with a SHO.  An F150 is a different story altogether.  An X is limited to 5K pounds, IIRC.  The tune can be adjusted to accommodate, just tell LME to give you a tow tune.  But the tow amount is just too much.

LME provided 4 tunes with my purchase, and a tow tune was one of them.  Thanks for answering my question.  I will look for another alternative for towing my Porsche...

SHOdded

EcoHell

After reading about the upcoming ST version, I am very interested in it...sooo, I will be either selling EcoHell or trading her in.. I need to see it in person first...because the front end of the non ST version, to me, is hideous..  I really hate that Ford softened the look. 

Check out this photo comparing the generations from the front end and the 2020 version looks even wider, which I am quite sure it is simply the front fascia changes...but it has a Subaru-ish look.

The current generation definitely has the tougher look.

thoughts??

SHOdded

Yeah, I do not like the upcoming Explorer front end OR the infotainment system, lookswise.  When they redid the Edge for 2019, they softened the frontend there as well.  UGH.