• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

I Ceramic Coated My Flex

Started by SoCalFlexin, July 11, 2018, 03:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalFlexin

I'm so happy with the turn out i have to share this, i actuality ceramic coated my Flex last thanksgiving, i wanted to get some experience under my belt to see how the coating stands up to time, weather, washes before i reviewed my experience and all i got to say is this stuff is awesome. So after doing extensive research about this Nano Ceramic Coating i decided to give it a try it myself on my Titanium Flex, i figured whats the worst that can happen? I did do a 9 hour paint correction buff before applying the ceramic coating. Yes, it was a lot of work but the out come was so worth it, i have literally not washed my car  with anything excepted for a pressure washer and a foam gun since the coating. Everything comes right off the paint.....bird dropping, bugs, mud washes right off. i didn't put any before pictures because my Flex has always looked new but here are some pictures right after i did the coating and 8 months later it still looks like it did the day i did it. Please keep in mind that my Flex has almost 100,000 miles on it and I've owned it since new.
2012 Titanium EB Flex White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gjkrisa

What brand?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

SoCalFlexin

Color n drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gjkrisa

Nice! How many application pads you go thru?

SoCalFlexin

Just one, I also only used about half of a .50 ml bottle

Gjkrisa

Good price right now with a proven review... You don't work for them right they didn't pay you to make a post.

SoCalFlexin

Quote from: Gjkrisa on July 11, 2018, 10:19:06 PM
Good price right now with a proven review... You don't work for them right they didn't pay you to make a post.

Absolutely not!

firewater88

Looks good! My 2011 Titanium has over 113k and I have been thinking of doing this to mine. Or, well... having it done. Not sure I have that much time/patience quaota in me....
2011 Flex Titanium EB
Retired- 1992 SHO

donky4444

Looks great and thanks for the info!  I've been considering doing this to my SHO.  I use Adam's Polishes and have their ceramic on my summer wheels and I keep toying with the idea of doing the whole car.  I may just have to bite the bullet and do it.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

SoCalFlexin

Quote from: donky4444 on July 12, 2018, 02:26:04 PM
Looks great and thanks for the info!  I've been considering doing this to my SHO.  I use Adam's Polishes and have their ceramic on my summer wheels and I keep toying with the idea of doing the whole car.  I may just have to bite the bullet and do it.

i would watch YouTube videos and try to tackle yourself, the reason i did mine myself was i was quoted $1200 for paint correction and a ceramic coat.

Gjkrisa

Quote from: SoCalFlexin on July 12, 2018, 03:14:31 PM
Quote from: donky4444 on July 12, 2018, 02:26:04 PM

i would watch YouTube videos and try to tackle yourself, the reason i did mine myself was i was quoted $1200 for paint correction and a ceramic coat.
1500 here as far as I know we only have two places I'd love to get into doing it but don't have a good location yet until I get a bit more out of debt and want to expirament a bit before I try it on a client anyways

avidmotion

I was going to offer up my car for you to coat. But Alaska is a little far...
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

SoCalFlexin

Quote from: avidmotion on July 12, 2018, 08:55:09 PM
I was going to offer up my car for you to coat. But Alaska is a little far...

LOL! Yeah a little

Gjkrisa

Well good to know there is one possible.
forgot to post that I've been doing mine one panel at a time but still haven't perfected a panel because been using mequires da drill polisher and found out I probably filled up the pad with particulates leaving a small haz still.
So I threw them in the wash but haven't tried them again yet also may just use a microfiber towel as those will absorb way more before marring.