• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

HVAC intake location.

Started by DstryEvrytng, July 08, 2018, 12:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Z will still hone in on you.  He has magical ways ;)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DstryEvrytng

Guess i need to fire up the vpn and run it through tor. Lols

I ran about 1/4 bottle of lysol through the system, just blower, heat on and ac on. It seems to be working great. After another hour or so im going to check her again to see if it needs another application.

Thx for the lysol idea. Id hate to have that smell set into the interior, i dont think it would ever go away if it got i to the carpet and roof liner.
15 SHO/pp, bone stock besides the "idiot driver" mod.

SHOdded

There are interior deodorizer products as well, mainly for pet urine / cigarette smoke type stuff.  If you want to go that route, I will look them up.  Been a while.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DstryEvrytng

Back in my hs days we used this stuff called Ozium (i think). It rly killed old stale smoke smell in your car.

This stuff
https://www.amazon.com/Eliminator-Sanitizer-Freshener-Outdoor-Essence/dp/B00P851KU6/ref=asc_df_B00P851KU6/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=242032081623&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1306767322593090795&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9005009&hvtargid=pla-438365483715&psc=1

You can get it at wal mart for around $7

Luckily the SHO interior doesnt stink yet.

Izzybird

Quote from: DstryEvrytng on July 09, 2018, 06:39:03 PM
Back in my hs days we used this stuff called Ozium (i think). It rly killed old stale smoke smell in your car.

This stuff
https://www.amazon.com/Eliminator-Sanitizer-Freshener-Outdoor-Essence/dp/B00P851KU6/ref=asc_df_B00P851KU6/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=242032081623&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1306767322593090795&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9005009&hvtargid=pla-438365483715&psc=1

You can get it at wal mart for around $7

Luckily the SHO interior doesnt stink yet.
Ha, I'd forgotten all about that stuff, we must be close to the same age.
Wife's '15 SHO non PP

DstryEvrytng

The glorious 90's. Lol
When the only care in the world was #1 how clean your car was and #2 chasing tail.

DstryEvrytng

So the lysol worked. AC blows clean and heat blows clean. I think there is still a little odor with the fan blowing ambient temp but its probly just stuck in my nose.

Big thx to SHOdded and the rest of you guys for all the tips!

EBP forum saved my SHO yet again!

SHOdded

Fingers crossed your SHO is now properly vaccinated LOL.

DstryEvrytng

Quote from: SHOdded on July 09, 2018, 09:33:13 PM
Fingers crossed your SHO is now properly vaccinated LOL.

Well, she hasnt been running next to any Camaro's yet so???

Lols