• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Bigger HPFP and power...

Started by StealBlueSho, July 08, 2018, 10:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: J-Will on July 09, 2018, 12:17:07 PM
where in northern VA are you getting E blends?

There is an E85 pump at the Sheetz in Manassas by the Costco and another one at the Raceway Gas station in Opal across from the Clarkbrothers shooting range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Wonder if preturbo meth spraying will help keep the carbon buildup up off them too.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

NITSOOB

Quote from: mrhighcaliber on July 09, 2018, 04:41:45 PM
Preturbo meth injection works wonders for this. I didn't get a chance to datalog for gearhead tuning (new sct from them is in the mail) before my Sho's total loss collision, but with meth on a 75-85 degree day, I was seeing wot iat's climb  from 118 up to 140 13-14psi target with post cac meth alone. With post cac meth and pre turbo meth I would see max 130.  I'm plotting on a 2013-15 and I will run the same setup. Meth +hpfp upgrade provides great power and max safety. Adding pre turbo meth nozzles and or upgraded turbos with provide imho, a parallel increase in power and safety.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Pics and details of your pre turbo setup please!! Nozzle, placement etc..
2013 PP SHO - 3.5" DPs, 3.5" Exhaust, 3" Coldside
Pending: 5-Blade billet wheel, AJP Tune
1/8: 8.4@86

J-Will

Quote from: StealBlueSho on July 09, 2018, 04:43:40 PM

There is an E85 pump at the Sheetz in Manassas by the Costco and another one at the Raceway Gas station in Opal across from the Clarkbrothers shooting range.

I looked up the e85 pump location using the DoE site, and was pleasently surprised to see so many more stations that have e85 in northern VA. This has to have significantly changed from about 6mo ago!
Thanks for the heads up

Also, keep us updated on the GH CAC. Monitoring all of these sites and Facebook groups is too much of a chore. We ate too fragmented.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

StealBlueSho

Quote from: J-Will on July 16, 2018, 07:58:32 PM

I looked up the e85 pump location using the DoE site, and was pleasently surprised to see so many more stations that have e85 in northern VA. This has to have significantly changed from about 6mo ago!
Thanks for the heads up

Also, keep us updated on the GH CAC. Monitoring all of these sites and Facebook groups is too much of a chore. We ate too fragmented.

Careful with that site... lots of "E85" stations that are just E10.

J-Will

Quote from: StealBlueSho on July 16, 2018, 08:00:39 PM
Quote from: J-Will on July 16, 2018, 07:58:32 PM

Thanks for the heads up

Careful with that site... lots of "E85" stations that are just E10.

Again, that is for the heads up! It's still a marked improvement over the sheer number of locations than the last time I checked (~6mo ago)

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap