• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Changes to TXT notifications thru SYNCH / BT?

Started by lamrith, July 06, 2018, 11:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamrith

Anyone had their phone update recently and lose text Notifications?

I am running a Galaxy S7 Edge, pretty sure it did an update last week.  Now suddenly I am getting NO notifications thru SYNCH.  Before when I got a txt it would chime in the car, and I could use right wheel controls to have SYNCH read the text to me, ignore, or call the number.  Now it is not even notifying me that I have a txt at all.  When I went into settings in dash, the car told me my device does not support txt via BT?

Pretty sure this is a phone issue, just hoping one of you guru's has seen it before and knows how to fix it.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

ZSHO

It happens every few months and found deleting your Bluetooth profile on the Sync screen and re-pairing it to your precious phone seems to do the trick in my case!!
As annoying as it seems it's a minor flaw which you get accustomed to!  Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

lamrith

Quote from: ZSHO on July 06, 2018, 12:12:20 PM
It happens every few months and found deleting your Bluetooth profile on the Sync screen and re-pairing it to your precious phone seems to do the trick in my case!!
As annoying as it seems it's a minor flaw which you get accustomed to!  Z  :)
Interesting.  Had the car year and this is the 1st I have had it happen.  I will give that a try at lunch today.

THANKS Z!!!
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

shoNoff

I can't get mine to work at all with my iPhone 8 Plus as far as texts
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

ZSHO

Quote from: shoNoff on July 06, 2018, 04:15:21 PM
I can't get mine to work at all with my iPhone 8 Plus as far as texts
The Apple devices are infamous IIRC! I hope this link helps any! Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,5831.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

lamrith

I should clarify that PHONE works.  I can receive calls and talk thru blutooth and SYNCH no problem, it is just not relaying text notifications or able to access txt at all.

Didn't get a chance at lunch ,but I will try to resynch tonight.

lamrith

Impatience is a virtue..

I probably got that wrong, but I like it regardless..

Went outside and resynched the phone, I think that worked as now when I hit messaging on the car LCD it pops up saying no messages instead of saying it cannot do it..

ZSHO

Quote from: lamrith on July 06, 2018, 05:02:51 PM
Impatience is a virtue..

I probably got that wrong, but I like it regardless..

Went outside and resynched the phone, I think that worked as now when I hit messaging on the car LCD it pops up saying no messages instead of saying it cannot do it..
It should enable Messaging now! LMK. Z

ZSHO

@ lamrith any updates! I hope the Messaging Notifications is fully functional!  Z

lamrith

yup that fixed it!  In fact now I have even better BT functionality as it has now loaded my phone book from my phone, it never did that before.