• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2010 Flex A/C pressure switch

Started by 2010Limited, July 03, 2018, 06:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2010Limited

I'm back again with my next issue. The a/c hasn't worked since I got this flex. It's at the shop and diagnosed the pressure switch is bad. The tech said it can't be removed without pulling the front end off. I'm assuming just the bumper. I haven't looked at it yet but is this true? Any one have the removal diagram available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Is this the a/c transducer, or high pressure cutoff switch?  It is mounted in the Compressor to Condenser Discharge Line very close to the condenser, the splash shields need to be removed but not the bumper.  I assume all years are the same, but I'd have to check. This is from a 2014 Flex

Compressor to Condenser Discharge Line — 3.5L GTDI

Material  Item  Specification 
Motorcraft® PAG Refrigerant Compressor Oil
YN-12-D  WSH-M1C231-B 

Item  Part Number  Description 
1  W714077  Rear A/C compressor bolt 
2  W520413  A/C compressor discharge fitting nut 
3  W520413  Condenser inlet fitting nut 
4  —  A/C pressure transducer electrical connector (part of 14290) 
5  19972  Compressor-to-condenser discharge line 
6  19B596  O-ring seal and gasket seal kit (1 required) 

Removal and Installation

With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist. For additional information, refer to Section 100-02 .
Recover the refrigerant. For additional information, refer to Section 412-00 .
Release the 4 underbody shield retainers and remove the underbody shield (if equipped).
Remove the lower radiator splash shield.
Remove the rear A/C compressor bolt.
To install, tighten to 25 Nm (18 lb-ft).
Remove the A/C compressor discharge fitting nut and disconnect the fitting.
To install, tighten to 15 Nm (133 lb-in).
Remove the condenser inlet fitting nut and disconnect the fitting.
To install, tighten to 15 Nm (133 lb-in).
Disconnect the A/C pressure transducer electrical connector.
Remove the compressor-to-condenser discharge line.
To install, reverse the removal procedure.
Install new gasket seals and O-ring seals.
Add the correct amount of clean PAG oil to the refrigerant system. For additional information, refer to the Refrigerant Oil Adding procedure in Section 412-00 .
Evacuate, leak test and charge the refrigerant system. For additional information, refer to Section 412-00 .
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

2010Limited

I'll give it a look tomorrow. Thank you!

2010Limited

Thank you! I now have A/C!

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!