• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

General "Track" question

Started by sub_ETCS_ret, July 02, 2018, 09:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoNoff

Quote from: sub_ETCS_ret on July 02, 2018, 01:45:05 PM
Quote from: shoNoff on July 02, 2018, 01:39:50 PM
I've been racing at nhra tracks for almost 30 years in anything from a Jr. Dragster to an 8 second pinto. While those are indeed NHRA rules they do not apply to your SHO. Mostly what they will check on a street car is tires, battery hold down and neutral safety switch. Also as some have mentioned a snell 2010 helmet for running under 13.99. Once last thing to mention I see happen all the time in the summer you need to wear or bring pants. They will not allow you to run a car in shorts.

This is what they sent me -

Wear long pants, socks, shoes and a shirt with t-shirt length sleeves.

If you go quicker than 14 seconds in the ¼ mile, you must wear a Snell 2010 or Snell 2015 helmet.  DOT helmets are not allowed.

Yes exactly any form of pants and I should have mentioned T-shirt. No tank tops. Plus your helmet has to be snell approved. I can be an M rating with the speeds you will be going. Cheapest I found for a Snell m2015 was on summit just under $100 shipped. I think they misunderstood your first email.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

avidmotion

usually can rent one of their helmets for 4 bucks for the night at most tracks i been to... BTW I been to three tracks in NJ and one in Pa, in several DD cars, only thing they checked was my tires, no leaks and helmet...said 10.50 or less need a roll cage....
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

StealBlueSho

Damn....

Maryland International Raceway
Capital Dragway
Sumerduck Raceway

None of them asked about a helmet, cared about my tires, or checked for leaks...

It was literally fill out the race forum, they put a number on my windshield, and away I went...

Thank god they didn't check for leaks... both my turbos and my methanol tank had leak on my 2010....

Edit: When I dialed in at 12.5 at capital raceway first time I went the lady running inspections rolled her eyes at me and asked if I brought I helmet... I showed he the bag with the helmet in it... she waved me through after putting the number on my windshield... so I guess that's checking for a helmet LOL... ended up running 12.3's that day in high 80's temps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

derfdog15

Quote from: sub_ETCS_ret on July 02, 2018, 01:45:05 PM
Quote from: shoNoff on July 02, 2018, 01:39:50 PM
I've been racing at nhra tracks for almost 30 years in anything from a Jr. Dragster to an 8 second pinto. While those are indeed NHRA rules they do not apply to your SHO. Mostly what they will check on a street car is tires, battery hold down and neutral safety switch. Also as some have mentioned a snell 2010 helmet for running under 13.99. Once last thing to mention I see happen all the time in the summer you need to wear or bring pants. They will not allow you to run a car in shorts.

This is what they sent me -

Wear long pants, socks, shoes and a shirt with t-shirt length sleeves.

If you go quicker than 14 seconds in the ¼ mile, you must wear a Snell 2010 or Snell 2015 helmet.  DOT helmets are not allowed.

Plan to bring a helmet if you are modded at all, I ran 14.1 to 14.3 stock, and could have cut closer to 14.0 or better with a better launch but there wasn't time for more than a couple runs that day. Closed toed shoes and long pants + shirt should be golden with a 2010 or 2015 helmet.

Quote from: StealBlueSho on July 02, 2018, 01:33:20 PM
Quote from: sub_ETCS_ret on July 02, 2018, 01:26:53 PM
Bremerton Raceway. Bremerton Washington.

You can call them...

But I see Friday nights street legals and test/tune.... which means to me run what you brung.....

You should be fine... you show up in a Taurus I would be surprised if they do anything more than put a number on the windshield and tell you to have fun....

I've never had tech inspection ask me to do ANYTHING in with my Taurus... no popping the hood/trunk/doors etc.... they always smirk at me and give me that... "yeah ok" look...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first track day was like that at Lucas Oil track. My second and third track days at Edgewater race park the tech inspector was basically going to just put a number and let me go, but he was that the helmet was on my passenger seat, and asked how fast I ran last time out. So I told him it cut a 14.1 stock, and I expected low 13's, and then he did a full tech in. 3rd time was basically the same with a different tech cause someone was like "did't you run a 12.8 last time, what have you done since"
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car