• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Snow Performance Water/Meth Kit

Started by SoCalFlexin, July 02, 2018, 06:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalFlexin

I'm going to purchase a Snow Performance Water/Meth Kit and i was wondering if someone could guide me to let me know what the best kit would be for my stock 2012 Ecoboost Flex with Torrie"s tune.
2012 Titanium EB Flex White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SoCalFlexin on July 02, 2018, 06:14:06 PM
I'm going to purchase a Snow Performance Water/Meth Kit and i was wondering if someone could guide me to let me know what the best kit would be for my stock 2012 Ecoboost Flex with Torrie"s tune.

Save yourself the trouble and call Julio over at Alky Control....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shoNoff

Quote from: StealBlueSho on July 02, 2018, 06:16:30 PM
Quote from: SoCalFlexin on July 02, 2018, 06:14:06 PM

Save yourself the trouble and call Julio over at Alky Control....

Just curious and don't want to highjack threads. But why do you suggest Alky control over snow. I'm in the market myself and going to purchase something this week.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

StealBlueSho

I had Alky Control on my 2010 SHO. The setup just worked and I had super fine control over the system with their controller.

All the lines are high quality and are designed to run 100% methanol.

The pump is customized to handle 100% methanol.

Never once have I heard ANYONE say they called Julio and he didn't help.

And if we are being honest, I have never heard of an Alky Kit failing... installation issues due to the installer, but never an issue with the kit.

Snow Performance is the other way around...lots of issues, hard to get customer support to help, and not designed to run 100% methanol... lines leaking, cheap connectors, etc...

TopherSho

Quote from: StealBlueSho on July 02, 2018, 07:10:44 PM
I had Alky Control on my 2010 SHO. The setup just worked and I had super fine control over the system with their controller.

And if we are being honest, I have never heard of an Alky Kit failing... installation issues due to the installer, but never an issue with the kit.

Snow Performance is the other way around...lots of issues, hard to get customer support to help, and not designed to run 100% methanol... lines leaking, cheap connectors, etc...

I agree with all but one point.  The current Kit pump is 100% ok with 100% Meth.  Mine has been running 100% for two yeas and is due to be retired soon even thought it seems to work fine.  The rest is accurate.  Snow has a lot of .. um .. temps? who tend to not have a lot of answers.  Once you get past them its not so bad but it can be frustrating if your busted on the side of the road.  The kit itself is pretty basic, not really alot of build quality to it.  The Akly kits I have seen at PiR and Woodburn have been dead sexy and built for combat.

Get braided lines.  Save yourself time and money as SBS notes.  I did not and now I need to replace them when I retire the pump at the end of summer.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

StealBlueSho

Quote from: TopherSho on July 02, 2018, 08:03:42 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on July 02, 2018, 07:10:44 PM

I agree with all but one point.  The current Kit pump is 100% ok with 100% Meth.  Mine has been running 100% for two yeas and is due to be retired soon even thought it seems to work fine.  The rest is accurate.  Snow has a lot of .. um .. temps? who tend to not have a lot of answers.  Once you get past them its not so bad but it can be frustrating if your busted on the side of the road.  The kit itself is pretty basic, not really alot of build quality to it.  The Akly kits I have seen at PiR and Woodburn have been dead sexy and built for combat.

Get braided lines.  Save yourself time and money as SBS notes.  I did not and now I need to replace them when I retire the pump at the end of summer.

I remember reading Snow doesn't support 100%
Meth on their pumps?

bpd1151

Snow also has been known to NOT provide warranty support of their own products.

Agreed with all else stated previously.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on July 02, 2018, 10:37:56 PM

Yes. This is true... they have a clause where if you purchase the snow kit for less than MSRP it voids all warranty's.

TopherSho

Quote from: StealBlueSho on July 02, 2018, 10:40:28 PM
Quote from: bpd1151 on July 02, 2018, 10:37:56 PM

Yes. This is true... they have a clause where if you purchase the snow kit for less than MSRP it voids all warranty's.

Such a weird policy .. but VERY accurate.  When I talked to them to get the low down on the 100% meth support they mentioned very sternly that the 250$ kit i was eyeballing would have -0- warranty.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

ZSHO

IMHO NO ONE Can even come close to Julio Don customer service and support which is by far second to none.....
I was initially amazed @ the level of customer support considering my Alky kit was not purchased from Alky Control but directly from LMS!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

shoNoff

Wow great info guys thanks a bunch. I was really going to go with Snow but I think calling Alky Control seems like the smarter move. So if Im reading between the lines correctly the LMS kit is made by Alky?

StealBlueSho

Quote from: shoNoff on July 03, 2018, 10:00:21 AM
Wow great info guys thanks a bunch. I was really going to go with Snow but I think calling Alky Control seems like the smarter move. So if Im reading between the lines correctly the LMS kit is made by Alky?

Yes, the LMS kit is actually made by Alky Control. They literally drop ship it from Florida where Julio's business is run.

5ohSHO

I don't have any experience with Snow, but the Alky Control kit has been good for me and Julio's customer support is great. I did have an issue with the small control box acting up, but after a call to Julio he had me send in the old one and sent me a new one a couple of days later free of charge. My kit was transferred from my old car to my new car so that could have been part of the issue. Either way, the wiring, lines, connectors, etc are all nice quality.

TopherSho

I would never choose snow again.  In fact I plan on converting to a Alky pump and Alky lines.

shoNoff

To the OP Im really sorry to highjack your thread. To everyone that answered thank you so much for the info. Looks like if its good enough for LMS its good enough for me. Im also doing this research for my dad who is going to be adding methanol to his Ecoboost mustang at the same time.