• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Oil leak. Can i still drive it??

Started by DstryEvrytng, June 30, 2018, 10:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DstryEvrytng

So. My SHO is pissing me off yet again.
Oil is leaking from the Turbo pipe with the blow off valves on it. Back behind the motor where it looks like there is a connection in the pipe.

Oil is on the valve cover also.

I can smell burnt oil outside of the car after i park it. Not terrible but not just slightly either.

Oil level is good so far.

Can i drive this thing untill it gets to the dealer or better off not?

Thx.

Edit = upon furthur inspection it looks like the oil is either coming from the cac tube where it connects to the rubber hose and spraying onto the driver side rear spark plug. Or its coming from the plug hole and spraying on the cac tube.
I dont really see how the later is possible but those arw the two spots with fresh oil.

The cac tube connection also has old dirt/oil mix on it.
15 SHO/pp, bone stock besides the "idiot driver" mod.

ZSHO

I would say its safe to drive it as long as the oil level is @ a minimum! Do you have any kind of ESP Warranty!  Best of luck.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

DstryEvrytng

Its still under the 36k warranty, barely though. I looked at it again and im thinking its the calve cover gasket. This thing has had more leaks than my crappy Harley.

Thanks

SHOdded

Could be.  That bank 1 gasket has a history with oil leaks.  Oil slso accumulates in the plug well, resulting in misfires.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DstryEvrytng

Ive read about the plug well filling with oil. Probably on here but ive read so much idk. Something dealing with a gasket around each well between the valve cover and head. Apparently ford's are notorious for those going bad, although im on my 4th ford and havent had that issue. Two where diesels though and the other being that POS 6.9 v10.

I hate to say it but as one of you joked in another thread of mine, i really am starting to think this mill was built on a friday, after lunch. Lol

SHOdded

Maybe you will find a slice of cheese or a toothpick stuck in that gasket :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DstryEvrytng

Quote from: SHOdded on July 01, 2018, 07:45:48 AM
Maybe you will find a slice of cheese or a toothpick stuck in that gasket :D

I was thinking more like a coctail umbrella. Its pretty leaky.   Lols

ZSHO

I would love to see some PICS of the area in question so we can assist you better, thanks.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

DstryEvrytng

I tried to get some pics this morning but they all sucked. I took her in to the stealer and, after an hour of poking around at it and me showing the tech the visibly clean oil that rubs off onto your finger. He grabs a mirror and verified it is the valve cover gasket that is leaking.
Lol.
I need to get a telecoping mirror.

ZSHO

I know it's very frustrating but hopefully this will be your last issue before your warranty is up! Fingers crossed for ya . Z

DstryEvrytng

Thanks man.

I did get to get under it on the lift and gave it the best look that i could. I didnt see any leaks anywhere besides the bottom of the hot side on the rear turbo. That could be oil from the valve cover though i hope. Either way i think the turbos should be covered on the 100k drive train warranty though so no big deal there.

polskifacet

Quote from: DstryEvrytng on July 02, 2018, 10:34:02 AM
Thanks man.

I did get to get under it on the lift and gave it the best look that i could. I didnt see any leaks anywhere besides the bottom of the hot side on the rear turbo. That could be oil from the valve cover though i hope. Either way i think the turbos should be covered on the 100k drive train warranty though so no big deal there.

Tighten the clamp in the intake side of the turbo
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs