• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2015 sport clunk in reverse

Started by lamrith, June 29, 2018, 03:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamrith

I am asking this for a co-worker as I am sure the folks here will have an answer.  I saw one post from a while back of a single person that had PTU failure, but didn't know if there are other common causes.

They state that when backing up after a few feet they get a clunk from the vehicle.  It happens in about 5ft or so and is not associated with them slowing down, turning wheel, letting off accel or anything, it just happens as they are backing up.  It does not clunk again when they shift and move forward, just when backing up, even if just backing out of a parking space when it has been sitting.  He said it seemed to be in middle of vehicle.

His wife took it to dealer today and dealer told her "That is normal".  This was a recently purchase CPO and also has extended warranty.  I think they are jut trying to not cover it or do anything.

Thoughts, other things to look at?  Any TSB's?
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

SHOdded

Clunk from middle of car - sounds like driveshaft carrier bearings need to be checked.  Also check resistance values on the transmission range sensor.  check the dogbone or what they call the rear roll restrictor for excessive movement.  And finally, yes, the TSS/OSS sensors have been known to cause this issue as well.

How many miles on the Sport?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

lamrith

44k miles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

SHOdded

way too early.  most vehicles I have seen do this are much older or have many more miles on them
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!