• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

stock tune, colder plugs.

Started by lamrith, June 27, 2018, 12:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

Kind of weird that you don't feel a dramatic difference between stock and tuned...even if the tune was smooth I would think the power would be noticeable....but I do remember having to pull a ton of spark from your tune and not being satisfied on the total spark and the seeming limitations of the fuel or other things....strange

I would say even a mild tune on a dynojet should give at least 80ftlbs and 50hp gain and you should feel that
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

lamrith

No worries Brad, there is a difference now that I have had a chance to drive it out of commuter traffic.  Just hard to really feel it when never get past 1/3 throttle.  Long highway run today and def noticed a difference even in d when came time to pass or make a move.

There is a huge difference in sport modes.

Yes you had to tweak timing a bit on mine I also recall

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

lamrith

Quote from: AJP turbo on June 30, 2018, 02:05:27 PM
Kind of weird that you don't feel a dramatic difference between stock and tuned...even if the tune was smooth I would think the power would be noticeable....but I do remember having to pull a ton of spark from your tune and not being satisfied on the total spark and the seeming limitations of the fuel or other things....strange

I would say even a mild tune on a dynojet should give at least 80ftlbs and 50hp gain and you should feel that
Yes we were tuning in "winter" for us.  We only have 92oct as our max anyway, plus it was Feb/March, so winter blend and the tree huggers here in Seattle like to do crap mixes to begin with, so BLEH.  I thinks that shows clearly given the KR I am seeing with the stock tune.  Even very mellow driving, druising around down leaving lights softly I am seeing kr maxing @-4, and smooth set speed cruising will see it jumping up to the -2 range.  Your tun, never leaves 0 regardless of how I drive.

The long 350mi+ cruise definitely showed me the differences, less power, noticeable lag in throttle response, lower mpg.  The power is slow coming on in sport mode as well compared to your tune.

I will be going back to your tune, I ran it for a year with zero regrets and will continue to, just had to take a peek at stock. 

Good news for those interested (many already know this) but the PPE Catted do work and are not throwing any codes out on the stock tune.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

lamrith

Back on your tune now and yes I do feel a difference for sure now.  I didn't drive the car for a few days when I switched to stock as I took advantage of nice weather and drive the convertible.  Sort of lost feel for the tuned car as even stock a SHO outperforms the convertible so the stock tune felt good. 

I was thinking of going all back to stock to sell stuff off and put toward the project car, but I will be keeping it tuned for sure.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: lamrith on July 02, 2018, 12:30:25 PM

Yes we were tuning in "winter" for us.  We only have 92oct as our max anyway, plus it was Feb/March, so winter blend and the tree huggers here in Seattle like to do crap mixes to begin with, so BLEH.  I thinks that shows clearly given the KR I am seeing with the stock tune.  Even very mellow driving, druising around down leaving lights softly I am seeing kr maxing @-4, and smooth set speed cruising will see it jumping up to the -2 range.  Your tun, never leaves 0 regardless of how I drive.

The long 350mi+ cruise definitely showed me the differences, less power, noticeable lag in throttle response, lower mpg.  The power is slow coming on in sport mode as well compared to your tune.

I will be going back to your tune, I ran it for a year with zero regrets and will continue to, just had to take a peek at stock. 

Good news for those interested (many already know this) but the PPE Catted do work and are not throwing any codes out on the stock tune.
If you are seeing a minus sign, that isn't KR unless you reversed your formula. That is the knock sensor adding spark.

You are maxing at -4 because that is the max the sensor can add. Some tuners will make global changes which allow it to add more. Personally, I don't recommend this.

I'm not sure why you are not seeing the sensor add spark during PT on Brad's tune.

What tool are you using for gauges?

lamrith

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 05, 2018, 06:32:14 PM

If you are seeing a minus sign, that isn't KR unless you reversed your formula. That is the knock sensor adding spark.

You are maxing at -4 because that is the max the sensor can add. Some tuners will make global changes which allow it to add more. Personally, I don't recommend this.

I'm not sure why you are not seeing the sensor add spark during PT on Brad's tune.

I am seeing - and + on my readout.  I am using SCT Livewire.  I am not worried about it anymore, I am staying with Brad's tune.  It runs smoother and stronger than stock, better MPG and KR and other sensors are not all over the place.  I just see no reason not to run his tune over stock at this point since I am well out of warranty anyway.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: lamrith on July 06, 2018, 10:43:34 AM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 05, 2018, 06:32:14 PM

I am seeing - and + on my readout.  I am using SCT Livewire.  I am not worried about it anymore, I am staying with Brad's tune.  It runs smoother and stronger than stock, better MPG and KR and other sensors are not all over the place.  I just see no reason not to run his tune over stock at this point since I am well out of warranty anyway.

Damn it! There goes my PPE catted DPs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk