• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

HPFP or Upgraded Factory Turbos?

Started by 5ohSHO, June 26, 2018, 05:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5ohSHO

I'm wanting to do both eventually, but will probably do one at a time. Any opinions on which one would be best to do first?

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: 5ohSHO on June 26, 2018, 05:28:57 PM
I'm wanting to do both eventually, but will probably do one at a time. Any opinions on which one would be best to do first?
Personal recommendation would be do the HPFP first as some of these cars with minor mods already have an issue with maintaining proper fuel pressure especially in the cooler weather it really stresses these cars, the HPFP will deliver a peace of mind as well as better fuel delivery making your modding process alot more smooth as you go along the route you decide!

SHOdded

If you are running a goodly amount of E, then HPFP.  Otherwise big turbos.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Depends on what your wants are now.

The HPFP won't necessarily net you anymore power per se, but rather provide you with more reliability, consistency and peace of mind.

The turbos will allow you to push the power and achieve more power, but obviously limited to the fueling issues.

Double edged sword.

If it were me, I'd do the turbos 1st, and live within the means of those until you do get the HPFP acquired and installed.

5ohSHO

Thanks for all the input everyone. I've still got some time to figure it out since I wasn't planning on doing it until the snow starts flying. Or maybe sooner if the Super Coupe doesn't keep me occupied.

Gray Brick

I recently installed the ATP+2 turbos and will be doing the pump soon.
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---