• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Newbie tune question

Started by sub_ETCS_ret, June 20, 2018, 05:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

Quote from: FiveLeeter918 on August 05, 2018, 01:36:25 AM
Definitely need to datalog. Guys on the facebook groups have been complaining that Torries tunes have been crazy rich while also getting crazy knock resulting in only 7° of spark advance.

I can only imagine the blind speculation that might go on in FB. Lots of variables though. I've seen fuel so bad that 7 degrees of spark is all you can get. Especially at high loads. Or high elevation and moderate load.

Spark follows load. Unleashed tunes generally always have the throttle wide open so I've seen load spikes of 2.0 which is likely over 20 psi boost. That alone could call for only 7 degrees of spark. Sometimes that's why big boost doesn't work well. And at those load spikes fuel pressure could fall which also isn't ideal for fighting preignition. Add all that up and yep, 7 degrees of spark.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

sub_ETCS_ret

I ended up going with an AJPTurbo tune. Thing is awesome. Wife was in the car on the highway when I nailed it and the car took off like a bat out of hell. She looked at at the speedometer and said no way are we going that fast. His tune will throw you back in your seat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

15 SHO NonPP. 3bar map, OEM plugs gapped 0.030, AJPTurbo tuned.

sub_ETCS_ret

Definitely need to datalog. Guys on the facebook groups have been complaining that Torries tunes have been crazy rich while also getting crazy knock resulting in only 7° of spark advance.
I got an AJPTurbo tune which totally rocks! I ended up working with Torrie to get the his tune straightened out but it was never as good as the AJPTurbo tune. Just the 0-60 between the 2 tunes was huge. With AJPTurbo I had a 4.961 and with Unleashed the best I could get was 5.162.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: sub_ETCS_ret on August 05, 2018, 06:26:43 PM
I got an AJPTurbo tune which totally rocks! I ended up working with Torrie to get the his tune straightened out but it was never as good as the AJPTurbo tune. Just the 0-60 between the 2 tunes was huge. With AJPTurbo I had a 4.961 and with Unleashed the best I could get was 5.162.

If you have E85 available get yourself an AJP E30 tune and she will really scream.

sub_ETCS_ret

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 05, 2018, 09:40:32 PM
Quote from: sub_ETCS_ret on August 05, 2018, 06:26:43 PM

If you have E85 available get yourself an AJP E30 tune and she will really scream.
I wish. Best I have is 92. Washington state has the fuel thing locked down.