• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Mustang with hood corrosion 2015????

Started by Mksmark, June 19, 2018, 09:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mksmark

Well I was washing my son`s garage kept mustang gt yesterday and found the paint bubbling on each side of the hood. Took it to Ford today and guess what it is not covered because he has 41k on it. No chips and its a aluminum hood but the paint is going to open up soon. What a bunch of BS and I had planned on ordering a LFP from Lebanon ford. CANCELED

SHOdded

There have been tsbs on older my mustangs for this issue, haven't there?

Ford only covers perforating rust.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

shoNoff

I'm almost 100% sure it was 05-08 when they went to the aluminum hood
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

jmr061

Quote from: SHOdded on June 19, 2018, 09:48:14 PM
There have been tsbs on older my mustangs for this issue, haven't there?

Ford only covers perforating rust.

Actually no longer true.  Some 16 models (not Mustang) and probably (just an educated guess) all 17s (includes Mustang) and up no longer require perforation on aluminum panels.  Still 5 yrs/unlimited mileage.

Yes this should upset the OP.  Ford has recognized the issue as being a warranty item but isn't making it retroactive for for older cars.
Jason
16 Edge Sport

derfdog15

I would call ford customer care, and bring up the issue, I am almost certain that they will step up and get your issue corrected... dealers just don't want to do the legwork most of the time it seems.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car