• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New SHO owner

Started by watsonian, June 17, 2018, 08:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

watsonian

Hi guys I'd like to introduce myself I'm new to the SHO world just traded my '16 charger for a 2018 SHO on Wednesday. It has 9000 miles and is unmolested so far but that's not gonna last long. I have experience modding fords my first was a procharged 07 GT the next an EcoBoost F150 I look forward to picking your brains thanks for letting me join.

AJP turbo

Very cool. Why did you trade in the Charger for the SHO?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

Welcome to EBPF, Watsonian, congrats on the new ride!  Do post pics of current and past rides :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

watsonian

Quote from: AJP turbo on June 17, 2018, 11:21:25 PM
Very cool. Why did you trade in the Charger for the SHO?
I did it because the Rallye was a haywagon with less power, torque and room. The taurus comfort blows the charger out of the water. Also was getting difficult to get 2 kids into car seats in and out without banging heads on the car lol.

watsonian

Quote from: SHOdded on June 18, 2018, 12:09:25 AM
Welcome to EBPF, Watsonian, congrats on the new ride!  Do post pics of current and past rides :)
Current all the way back to the 07 GT and my wives Tahoe

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: watsonian on June 18, 2018, 07:52:31 AM
Quote from: SHOdded on June 18, 2018, 12:09:25 AM
Current all the way back to the 07 GT and my wives Tahoe
Great looking car! Good choice on a new vehicle as well, the sho is an outstanding car in all areas!

jbrown9999

Welcome!  Let me just say, I bought my SHO in 2016 and since then have slowly been upgrading.

I'll say, if you want to find the does and don'ts of Ecoboost Performance, you are in the right place!!
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

PDSHO

Welcome, enjoy you're time here.

Greg
2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost