• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Cam sensor Change

Started by jay.denning73, June 17, 2018, 02:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay.denning73

Does anyone have the cam sensor part number? Bank 2 if it matters.

Does anyone know how hard it is to change? I think I may be able to manage from the wheelchair if it slides in and out.

TIA,

Jay

StealBlueSho

Not sure the part number... but you need to pull the valve cover off to replace it. It's kind of a PIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

better bank 2 than bank 1 LOL, but yeah ...

10   BL3Z-6B288-C   Camshaft Position Sensor
TAURUS; 3.5L; W/ TURBO

$12.82   $8.11

Just 1 cent more than a spark plug!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jay.denning73

Is there a video somewhere? Looks like it should just unbolt slide out and slide in?

What am I missing?

TIA
    Jay

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Removal and Installation

Both sensors

Remove the ACL outlet pipe and the ACL . Refer to Section 303-12 .

RH sensor

Position the RH turbocharger intake tube aside. Refer to Section 303-12 .

LH sensor

Position the LH turbocharger intake tube aside. Refer to Section 303-12 .

Both sensors

Disconnect the CMP sensor electrical connector.
Remove the bolt and the CMP sensor.
To install, tighten to 10 Nm (89 lb-in).
NOTE: Lubricate the CMP sensor O-ring seal with clean engine oil.

To install, reverse the removal procedure.

LH = Bank 1, RH = Bank 2
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jay.denning73

Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 17, 2018, 04:15:15 PM
Not sure the part number... but you need to pull the valve cover off to replace it. It's kind of a PIA.

It does not seem like the valve cover needs removed for this?

SHOdded

Nope no need.  For vct solenoids, yes.

jay.denning73

Cool thanks.

Bank 1 near the firewall?

Bank 2 closer to the radiator?

StealBlueSho

My bad... thought we were taking the VCT....

Yes, bank 1 is close to the firewall... bank 2 is towards the radiator.

jay.denning73

I keep getting the same code for the Cam Position sensor bank 2. Thought I would start there..

Then vct if that doesn't help..

SHOdded

Best of luck, take your time, take pics of the uninstall steps to make it easier come install time.

jay.denning73

Mine wont be that bad, lol.