• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

I have a dumb Performance Question

Started by JagerBomb, June 16, 2018, 05:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JagerBomb

One of the other Forums that I'm a memeber of has a thread called " I have a dumb performance question."
The purpose of it is to help folks find an answer quickly or to let other members who already know about a thread with the correct information in it get passed on to a member.  I found it helpful. Since there have been many others before me who already had the problem or did what I want to do. 

I'll start it.

Is there anything I can do to upgrade or make my transmission in my 2015 Xsport handle more power?
2013 SHO PP - LMS V8 93 Tune, 3 Bar, LMS Catted DP's - SOLD

2015 Explorer Sport - In need of mods.

2010 Jeep SRT8 with a ProCharger and lots of boost!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: JagerBomb on June 16, 2018, 05:34:37 PM
One of the other Forums that I'm a memeber of has a thread called " I have a dumb performance question."
The purpose of it is to help folks find an answer quickly or to let other members who already know about a thread with the correct information in it get passed on to a member.  I found it helpful. Since there have been many others before me who already had the problem or did what I want to do. 

I'll start it.

Is there anything I can do to upgrade or make my transmission in my 2015 Xsport handle more power?

No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agentlongwood

Short answer: No.  Lots and lots of people have explored it and there are not any available solutions.

Long answer: Nothing readily available. If you want to custom fabricate some sort of adapter hardware to swap in a totally different transmission and x-fer case then technically it's possible.  Or maybe custom fabricate a swap for the entire 3.5 ecoboost drivetrain from an F-150, longitudinal mounted engine and all.  It would however be a one-off job, and the price will be insane.  It's an old maxim of car modding. "Anything is possible, with enough money."
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

JagerBomb

I wish one of these shops would do it. I'd be happy  to have one. It would really level up all our cars. But I totally understand the costs that surrounds it. LMS makes a bad ass built motor, just imagine a bad ass built trans and t-case. My Xsport is the ultimate sleeper now.

Twintrbskies

So just adding to your last post, like you said, LMS has a block and fueling to make a high horsepower build but we cant utilize it in anything but maybe a F150. Definitely keeps me from pushing the power needle upward and spending more money... thats burning a hole in my pocket Lol.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

mjhpadi

There has been some trial and error attempted with upgrading the transmission...unfortunately those that I am aware of all turned out to be errors with nothing successful improving the trans....
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

JagerBomb

So what's the difference between the 3.5 raptor vs the regular 3.5.  I was trying to find an article that takes about it but did not turn up much.