• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

upgrading the stereo in my sho

Started by tlrdhl, June 16, 2018, 10:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlrdhl

ive got a 2013 sho with the sony stereo and it just doesnt do it for me. i have zero experience with car audio so i dont know where to start. id like better sound quality and maybe a little more volume. i want to add a sub along with upgrading my speakers. what would be best to start with? or should i wait until i can do all of it at once? is it possible to run a small sub and upgraded speakers off one amp? can i do this and keep sync and the stock touchscreen working? if anyone has any recommendations for what would work well product wise  and where the best place to order stuff from would be i would really appreciate it...  ive found videos that answer some of my questions but help specific to this vehicle from someone who has worked with this before would be awesome.  it would be cool to hear about what youve done to your vehicles too. thanks for your time....
2013 sho.... a work in progress

Dxlnt1

You should read through some articles in the audio section.

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,27.0.html

There are a number of varying degrees of upgrade, you need to decide how much upgrade you want or can afford? Then go from there.

Some have gone full aftermarket while others just add to OEM setup. But budget dictates a lot!

Good luck!
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

Macgyver

I added 2 sub boxes to the rear. An Audio Control LC2(not actually needed if your amp has high level inputs). A mono amp with remote sub level control. Its not too hard and totally changes the stereo.