• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Bad BOV

Started by TASK_FORCE187, June 16, 2018, 06:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TASK_FORCE187

Quote from: AJP turbo on July 09, 2018, 06:25:58 PM
Keep us updated...I'm anxious to know what is wrong with it...I can only think of about 4 things that can cause overboosting...and 1 thing is really unlikely
Will do. I will take a pictures of my invoices as well. After work

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TASK_FORCE187

I just got a call from Ford and was told that they are changing the radiator. I am finally getting a loaner

AJP turbo

Radiator causing overboosting?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

TASK_FORCE187

Quote from: AJP turbo on July 11, 2018, 11:48:07 PM
Radiator causing overboosting?
I'm sure not but it's a start

TASK_FORCE187

https://youtu.be/Adphjz4u9zI

Please help! I just got my car back and its sound it again

SHOdded

Did you replace the front BOV as planned prior to the dealership getting involved?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TASK_FORCE187

No. I did check it but it doesn't look bad at all

SHOdded

You tried swapping them tho right?

I would buy a new BOV and replace the front.  Small investment for such a longstanding headache.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

It looks like NO one has changed the BOV!  Z

Page 2 
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=9215.15

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on June 17, 2018, 01:29:57 PM
Quote from: TASK_FORCE187 on June 17, 2018, 01:13:57 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on June 17, 2018, 01:05:17 PM
No! The Front & Rear ports work on vacuum and don't need hose clamps   Z
So I disconnected the front connector and its not doing it no more. They do sound a lot louder.

Thats some Awesome news !!! Thats perfectly normal and expected.... 
I would just order a new BOV from the ^^^ link as mentioned earlier.  Z
I do have (one) extra BOV laying around! ! just trying to help ya out brother.  Z 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TASK_FORCE187

Quote from: ZSHO on August 22, 2018, 06:53:22 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on June 17, 2018, 01:29:57 PM
Quote from: TASK_FORCE187 on June 17, 2018, 01:13:57 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on June 17, 2018, 01:05:17 PM
No! The Front & Rear ports work on vacuum and don't need hose clamps   Z
So I disconnected the front connector and its not doing it no more. They do sound a lot louder.

Thats some Awesome news !!! Thats perfectly normal and expected.... 
I would just order a new BOV from the ^^^ link as mentioned earlier.  Z
I do have (one) extra BOV laying around! ! just trying to help ya out brother.  Z
I really appreciate it that bro. Let me recheck them again. I will let you know. I've noticed that it's not doing it all the time. Once I turn my car off and on It acts normal. I'm thinking something electrical is wrong

TopherSho

post a new datalog of the issue in a 4th gear pull .. i'd like to peek at it doing the issue for 10 or more seconds. 

fixing itself on a stop start suuuuuuuux,  that means a sensor is bad or sending a bad/incorrect signal,  or the ecu has a bad block that clears on reboot.  does it fix itself EVERYTIME you do a 35 second cycle of having the car off... and how long in the start up does it run normal before the issue occurs?

and completely random idea.. does it do it COLD.   IE water temp is 110f or less, and the car is still in ''warmup mode''.  does it happen there at all?
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

TASK_FORCE187

Sorry I haven't replied. Been working a lot. So I noticed that it only does it some times I'm thinking it's the ECU.
Quote from: TopherSho on August 22, 2018, 01:58:55 PM
post a new datalog of the issue in a 4th gear pull .. i'd like to peek at it doing the issue for 10 or more seconds. 

fixing itself on a stop start suuuuuuuux,  that means a sensor is bad or sending a bad/incorrect signal,  or the ecu has a bad block that clears on reboot.  does it fix itself EVERYTIME you do a 35 second cycle of having the car off... and how long in the start up does it run normal before the issue occurs?

and completely random idea.. does it do it COLD.   IE water temp is 110f or less, and the car is still in ''warmup mode''.  does it happen there at all?