• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Roof channel trim

Started by SHO-Pa, June 13, 2018, 12:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHO-Pa

Hi all! Its been a little while for me but I have a question for the SHO group.

Has anyone replaced the two roof channel strips on their SHO? I was noticing that mine are looking a bit weathered and the pieces at the front and back are cracking (UV degradation). I also had a bad experience with an egg in sub-freezing weather and the front edge of one of them is cracked.

How are these pieces attached? Do they snap in place or is it more involved to replace these two strips?

If you don't know what I'm talking about I'll post pix later.
2011 SHO - stock
2016 Explorer XLT 2.3L "4wd"
2018 Focus Titanium

ZSHO

I will try to take a look @ mine for reference.  Z
$98.88 ea

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-roof-molding-eg1z5451729d

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

mjhpadi

One of the guys at Carlisle had his replaced and the new ones are not fitting quite right...he is not real happy about the fitment issue especially since they are around 100 a piece...
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

ZSHO

It appears that the moldings have retainer's! I would confirm,verify fitment as kindly mentioned ^^^ by Mjhpadi prior to ordering.  Z

$36.50  ea

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Roof-Molding-Side-Trim-Left-EG1Z-5451729-A-OEM-Ford-Part-/273118382401?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10#viTabs_0

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Blackhawk

Damn 200, mine are all brittle too and snag my towels.

dubcitySHO

2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....

mjhpadi

I also have trouble with small leaves and those stupid seeds of oak trees getting stuck in the gaps of the channels...drives me crazy!
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

SHO-Pa

During a really cold spell here I had some a**hole egg my SHO. (What possesses people d-bags to do things like that is beyond me).

Thankfully (?) most of the egg froze to the windshield and not the roof, but some got up on the channel there above the drivers door. It cracked during cleaning and I've been looking to replace for a little while now.

Thanks for all of the help. Sounds like I'm not the only one with weathered trim there.

2011 SHO - stock
2016 Explorer XLT 2.3L "4wd"
2018 Focus Titanium

SHOdded

Sorry to hear about the vandalism.  That stuff can be a real PITA to get off/out :(
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

markssho

That was me that replaced them... Was a very simple process. But, the new ones do not look the best... They are a little wavy. Hoping the summer sun helps them better conform to the channel.
The original ones where dry rotted.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC

jbrown9999

This just confirms my ongoing efforts to protect those strips almost every week.
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

ZSHO

Mine are SHO-ROOM Perfect,especially since being lowered which makes it that much easier to clean.  Z

TopherSho

Hey ZSHO,  Will the listed TASCA trim fit a 2010 ?  I broke the end cap off one of min today while working on my rear window leak ..
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

ZSHO

6500rpm

Most of the Taurus I've seen (including mine) have poor adhesion at the ends, mostly the rear. I think they need a larger patch of trim tape. It always worries me going in drive through car washes with the air dryer at the end.
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!