• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

H&R sport springs - long term comfort, durability

Started by EcoAbe, June 11, 2018, 03:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoAbe

My SHO is at the shop today getting a set of H&R sport springs installed (HR-51626 for reference... there is only one set of H&Rs though, right?)

In terms of overall long term durability, comfort, driveability, and complete impressions of the springs, what are your feelings after riding on them for 1, 2, 3 etc. years? How have they held up? Has ride comfort lessened over time?

If you could include how long you have had them installed for with your response, I would appreciate it.

Photos to follow
2015 Bronze Fire Non PP w/ 401a package

SHOdded

Have not heard of H&R springs malfunctioning except when not clocked correctly, but even then more of a noise issue.  However, the life of struts and shocks will be diminished, so do not expect them to last as long as in an OEM setup.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Wholeheartedly agree with SHOdded ^^^ and expect the overall lifespan of the suspension to decrease due to the lower spring rate!
I would make certain to get a good wheel alignment in order to have her dialed in correctly and another note give it a few hundred miles for the suspension to settle,seat in accordingly! 

Here's my very own thread below and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.  Z  :)

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,8310.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

EcoAbe

Appreciate the insights - going to check on that thread next

When I lowered my Mustang a few years back, I did have to do shocks and struts after a while, so I figured that would follow suit with this lowering.
2015 Bronze Fire Non PP w/ 401a package